Is there a way to make my headphones wireless?

JTKTR

Nov 17, 2006
I have a really nice pair of shures and I want to be able use them wirelessly with my computer. Is there anywhere I can buy some sort of receiver to hook up to my computer for wireless audio?

vbuggy

Golden Member
Nov 13, 2005
Buy a PMP and walk around with that instead.

You're probably using mobo audio, right? All the more reason to do so.

simonizor

Golden Member
Feb 8, 2010
Buy a PMP and walk around with that instead.

You're probably using mobo audio, right? All the more reason to do so.

This. If you're just listening to music, it would more than likely be much more cost effective to just get a good MP3 player.

If you're trying to game, I'm not sure that there really is a good solution to this problem. As others have said, good wireless transmitters are expensive. So unless you want to deal with a long cable, there aren't really any other options.

JTKTR

Nov 17, 2006
Its primarily for videos etc to avoid waking my roommate. Not using onboard audio (but I imagine that doesn't matter when its being sent wirelessly it will be of a lesser quality no matter what). But the wireless receiver above looks pretty nice. Has anyone used it or can verify its quality?

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Its primarily for videos etc to avoid waking my roommate. Not using onboard audio (but I imagine that doesn't matter when its being sent wirelessly it will be of a lesser quality no matter what). But the wireless receiver above looks pretty nice. Has anyone used it or can verify its quality?

so what is wrong with a long cable?

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
a long cable is better and since you're stationary it's not a problem.
you'd be taking less risks too (what if you spend 100$ on something that sucks?).

JTKTR

Nov 17, 2006
right i understand. Just seems super inconvenient. If only there was a decent wireless receiver.

JTKTR

Nov 17, 2006
I had sennheisers for awhile but I couldn't lie on my side without distorting the sound in the compressed ear. Their great headphones, don't get me wrong, just sitting up while watching a 2 hour movie got tiresome.

I sound really picky in this thread... :p

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
Cheapest solution is in fact ear plugs for room-mate.

watching movie lying down... what are you 12?

JTKTR

Nov 17, 2006
hahaha. yes. I am 12 :p ear plugs for roommate. Maybe ill slip them in while hes sleeping. Couldnt hurt to try...