• Guest, The rules for the P & N subforum have been updated to prohibit "ad hominem" or personal attacks against other posters. See the full details in the post "Politics and News Rules & Guidelines."

Is there a way to extract the music from Deus Ex Human Revolution?

Evander

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2001
If so, how? I finished it months ago and want to uninstall it soon to free up space but would like to get the music (and maybe the videos) before doing so. I also have The Missing Link DLC if that matters

Evander

Golden Member
Jun 18, 2001
I do have the Augmented Edition but that is a very incomplete soundtrack. You put me on the right track and I was able to extract, playback, and convert to wav a file I tested, though it was a pain in the ass. For anyone googling, this is the process:

1) download this zipped tool and extract to desktop:
http://www.moddb.com/games/deus-ex-3/downloads/gibbeds-deus-ex-hr-tools

2) unpack archive in Deus Ex directory with command prompt (Winkey+R, cmd) with newly downloaded tool and specify output directory. Example:

C:\Users\Evander\Desktop\Gibbed.DeusEx3.built>gibbed.deusex3.unpack.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\deus ex - human revolution\bigfile.000" c:\dx3\001

3) Demux (separate) the extracted files into a playable .fsb format. Example:
C:\Users\Evan\Desktop\Gibbed.DeusEx3.built>gibbed.deusex3.demux.exe "C:\dx3\defa
ult\pc-w\music\det_fema_downstairs_music\det_fema_downstairs_music.mul"

4) play and/or convert the demuxed files, now in fsb format, in foobar2000. Example: drag and drop this file:
C:\dx3\default\pc-w\music\det_fema_downstairs_music\det_fema_downstairs_music_0.fsb
into foobar2000 playlist

to convert, right click in foobar 2000 playlist, convert > ...
choose\make destination folder such as C:\Users\Evander\Music\foobar converted audio\
and click the convert button.

5) Recommend normalizing the music because the volume is low (can be done free in Audacity or other tools) . And surprisingly, the tracks are only in mono format, not stereo. But there's a free old program I've been using since the Windows 95 days that does a great job of adding stereo effects to mono music, and it seems to work quite well on the type of music used by Deux Ex Human Revolution:
http://archivepeek.com/waveen.htm

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS