is there a special way to stack gas logs?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by zixxer, Dec 25, 2005.

1. zixxer

zixxer Diamond Member

hrm ok.. bought a house. it has a heated log marble gas firplace. there are these little things that look like insulation and i didn't like where they were.

long story short; i ended up taking out the logs and rearranging them. now it's obvious the fireplace has little gas things; and i've tried using the flat parts of the logs to 'interupt' the flames and still it looks.... weird. the flames are kind of obvious-ish gas. is there a website or something that has an explanation on what i'm trying to accomplish here?

2. ironcrotch

ironcrotch Diamond Member

i think what you were suppose to do was leave them the way they were set up.

3. VirginiaDonkey

VirginiaDonkey Golden Member

company's website....nuff said

RTFM!

4. zixxer

zixxer Diamond Member

they're logs. there isn't anywhere on them that says what brand they are

5. TitanDiddly

TitanDiddly Guest

6. acemcmac

acemcmac Lifer

Gas fireplaces are for women. My family burns multiple chords of wood a winter- a chord of which I usually split personally. Get a real fireplace.

7. Ornery

Ornery Lifer

Where the logs are is irrelevant, they're just for decoration. Is the current log set unvented? If not, you might as well use real logs (a total waste of time & energy), because you're just sending your home's heat right out the chimney. There are 101 different log sets you could replace those with, and they're not that expensive. You can even get a nice remote controlled set for just a little more.