Is there a site where I can find speed tests for ISPs in my area?

tracerit

Nov 20, 2007
I have 50/50 FIOS right now but my promotional pricing is up and I'm now paying $115/mo for internet and phone. I was given a quote for $65/mo for both to sign up for another two year contract but their system was down and i was usupposed to get it after ti came up. I called today and was told that was never offered. Now I'm salty and wanting to switch lol.

I see that Spectrum has 100/10 internet and phone for $65/mo for 12 months. But that upload speed is super slow IMO. I guess I can make do with it but i'm worried it'll be less than the advertised 10mbps.

Is there a site that can show me what speeds the different ISPs in my area are getting?

Keyvan Shahrdar

Apr 18, 2017
I have 50/50 FIOS right now but my promotional pricing is up and I'm now paying $115/mo for internet and phone. I was given a quote for $65/mo for both to sign up for another two year contract but their system was down and i was usupposed to get it after ti came up. I called today and was told that was never offered. Now I'm salty and wanting to switch lol.

I see that Spectrum has 100/10 internet and phone for $65/mo for 12 months. But that upload speed is super slow IMO. I guess I can make do with it but i'm worried it'll be less than the advertised 10mbps.

Is there a site that can show me what speeds the different ISPs in my area are getting?
Did you try speedtest.com?

razel

Platinum Member
May 14, 2002
dslreports.com/speedtest. After you run a test dig into the details and you'll need a nice heatmap concerning speeds. I don't remember if it's regionalized. Keep in mind though, ISPs give priority to such speed testing sites. It's not useful for real world everyday speeds since the Internet is vast and variable, but is still useful for finding out what your max speed is.

tracerit

Nov 20, 2007
didn't see anything referring to other results when using speedtest.net. Ended up staying with FIOS and getting a discount that I'm satisfied with. But when I was asking my friends in the same area but different cities with Spectrum, they really have a hard limit on their 100/10 speeds.