Is there a book that teaches you how to synthesize various chemicals?

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
Seems like I remember seeing something like this in the past, but Google is rough on me. Like an encyclopedia of chemicals, and how to synthesize them, via this chemical reaction to get from A to B, then do this other chemical reaction to get from B to C, then this final chemical reaction and POOF, you get D, which is the chemical you wanted to end up with.

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
Hardy har har guys. No, this is not to make potassium nitrate, that shit I am getting from China, one way or another, by hook or by crook.

This is to make, let's just call it, more "laboratory" chemicals....

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
pl_print_anarchistcookbook_f.jpg

The Anarchist's Cookbook

*(not responsible for potential anti-social actions of OP in any way!)

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
"Hey Google, what does organic chemistry mean?"

On a serious note:
Why do we get more shit like this, and less of Mayne?

Mayne moved to the country...I think his new roomies killed him and fed his carcass to the pigs

• Wow
Reactions: Captante

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
i'd probably steer clear of the Anarchists cookbook and instead go with college level Chemistry textbooks.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Organic synthesis isn't something you're gonna be able to do in your garage without some heavy scrutiny by law enforcement; first because they're going to assume you're making meth, and second because in the event you're not, you're almost certainly breaking environmental laws due to the waste streams produced (and hell even the vapor streams).

Without the proper equipment (a fume hood at the very least) you're going to be a danger to yourself and neighbors.

Best route to go (pun intended) is to study it in college. After 4 years of intense study/practice to learn the basics, you might not be a danger.

Call it 6 more to be useful.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
Hardy har har guys. No, this is not to make potassium nitrate, that shit I am getting from China, one way or another, by hook or by crook.

This is to make, let's just call it, more "laboratory" chemicals....
You can make all the chloroform your dating life could possibly require with bleach and acetone.

The extraction/distillation takes a little know-how, on the other hand.

• Haha

Red Squirrel

No Lifer
May 24, 2003
www.anyf.ca
What you're looking for is Alchemy. Need to go to the village and see if you can find an alchemist. Not to be mistaken with an alkemyst. One teaches you how to synthesize chemicals, the other is a body builder that never uses turn signals and says bro a lot and probably did your mom last night.

uclaLabrat

Diamond Member
Aug 2, 2007
What you're looking for is Alchemy. Need to go to the village and see if you can find an alchemist. Not to be mistaken with an alkemyst. One teaches you how to synthesize chemicals, the other is a body builder that never uses turn signals and says bro a lot and probably did your mom last night.
What? No. Alchemy is pseudoscience. He wants to be an amateur organic chemist, which was legislated out of existence back in the 60s and 70s.

Start here:

When you're 5 pages into that and get bored cause you think you know better, look up pikhal (phenylethanamines I have known and loved).

Erowid is a good resource too.

Reactions: DigDog

SaltyNuts

Platinum Member
May 1, 2001
Thanks uclalabrat for being one of the few non-trolls on the thread. But I think I was not clear in my OP. I'm not trying to build a watch. I just want to know what freaking time it is. In other words, I'm not trying to figure out how I can figure out how to synthesize chemicals. I just want a book where other smart people have figured that out and tell you the steps to do it. Like a cookbook for chemicals. And not the Anarchists cookbook. A real one that doesn't focus on domestic terrorism and explosives LOL.

Does such a beast exist?

Thank you.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Thanks uclalabrat for being one of the few non-trolls on the thread. But I think I was not clear in my OP. I'm not trying to build a watch. I just want to know what freaking time it is. In other words, I'm not trying to figure out how I can figure out how to synthesize chemicals. I just want a book where other smart people have figured that out and tell you the steps to do it. Like a cookbook for chemicals. And not the Anarchists cookbook. A real one that doesn't focus on domestic terrorism and explosives LOL.

Does such a beast exist?

Thank you.
Hey now, anarchist cookbook is good for drugs too, mkay?

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
i mean at this point, just give us alky back

Why did he leave again? Banned for something?

I seem to recall saying the trolls were entertaining enough to justify their existence despite the annoyance-factor many years ago Alky included .... of course I have an extremely thick skin!

:p

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
Salty, im not sure anyone here has explained it in play words, so i will.

Organic chemistry is the single hardest disciplie that our species knows. Even today we are still stumbling in darkness when it comes to chemistry.
The idea that you can "buy a book" and do any of it without YEARS of extremely tedious study is laughable.

Just as an example, i had a paper that "here is how you make ecstasy for dummies" and i could not understand any of it. Not the terms of the procedures, not the names of the compounds, not the names of the tools, or any of the measurements involved short of kilos and such.

No, you cannot teach yourself chemistry.

dank69

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
Why did he leave again? Banned for something?

I seem to recall saying the trolls were entertaining enough to justify their existence despite the annoyance-factor many years ago Alky included .... of course I have an extremely thick skin!

:p
I think he knocked some chick up or something.