Is the service protection at EB Games worth it?

osiris3mc

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2001
Yeah I posted something earlier about my PSP and its problems. Basically I'm just wondering now if I should suck it up and pay for the 1-year warranty from EB Games or just send it in to Sony ($5-6 shipping). If I do the EB Games warranty, should something happen down the road, I'm covered (or at least that's what I'm lead to believe, can anyone comment on this servive they provide). If I send it in to Sony, I'll get a new one, and hopefully that'll work. Anyone bought the service protection? It'll be more money now, that's about the only con, unless it's a gimmick.

CVSiN

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2004
I got mine from gamestop and yes I bought the warranty i dotn want anything going wrong on this thing... it will cover dead pixels with no argument as well.

osiris3mc

Golden Member
Oct 23, 2001
Originally posted by: CVSiN
I got mine from gamestop and yes I bought the warranty i dotn want anything going wrong on this thing... it will cover dead pixels with no argument as well.

Really?!? Wow that's good to know. I hope EB is the same way (they aren't the same are they?). If so, then it's probably worth it.

Darthvoy

Golden Member
Aug 3, 2004
Originally posted by: CVSiN

Does it cover stains and smudges as well?