Is the S2000 REALLY that small inside or am I just crazy?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000
Originally posted by: Brutuskend
Have you always had that avitar?

:confused:

First time I've noticed it...

he used to have the bulldog

poopaskoopa

Diamond Member
Sep 12, 2000
This is a discouraging news for me... I was gonna go test drive one this weekend or next. :(

5'10" 170lbs

VTEC01EX

Mar 8, 2002
I didn't mind it when I tried it - 5'10", 200lbs. The MR2 Spyder was horrible I thought, though. The Miata did feel a touch bigger, but the Honda was still do-able.

This thread makes me feel fat! :)

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
i'm 5'10" and 145, too, but sitting in the S2000 felt as comfortable as my mother's uterus. i practically had to be dragged out of it. must... have... one...

freebee

Diamond Member
Dec 30, 2000
Originally posted by: thomsbrain
i'm 5'10" and 145, too, but sitting in the S2000 felt as comfortable as my mother's uterus. i practically had to be dragged out of it. must... have... one...

Hehe, you post in all the s2k threads....you remember mine about the helmet....actually the s2k doesn't have enough clearance to have a full-face helmet with the top up.

I was originally going to buy the 2003 model (with the 9k redline the oldies at s2ki like raving about)....but it was way too tight. I had posted here coupla times about my discovery that i didn't actually fit into the cockpit too well. And like NFS4, i'm not that big. At my heaviest 190s around winter time, usually in the 170 range. There are guys over in s2ki that are considerably taller and fatter that claim to fit in ok...maybe its a japanese butt thing, i dont know.

In any event, the 04s seem to be a bit better in terms of elbow room, and my butt is a little more japanese from all the sushi i'm eating, so I'm starting to fit better. Probably will be picking up the 04 end of this year....silver w/red seats. The s2k is an incredibly cheap car (compared to the boxter, z4, etc) and dealers in NYC are starting to play around invoice or just above.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: freebee
Originally posted by: thomsbrain

Hehe, you post in all the s2k threads....you remember mine about the helmet....actually the s2k doesn't have enough clearance to have a full-face helmet with the top up.

I was originally going to buy the 2003 model (with the 9k redline the oldies at s2ki like raving about)....but it was way too tight. I had posted here coupla times about my discovery that i didn't actually fit into the cockpit too well. And like NFS4, i'm not that big. At my heaviest 190s around winter time, usually in the 170 range. There are guys over in s2ki that are considerably taller and fatter that claim to fit in ok...maybe its a japanese butt thing, i dont know.

In any event, the 04s seem to be a bit better in terms of elbow room, and my butt is a little more japanese from all the sushi i'm eating, so I'm starting to fit better. Probably will be picking up the 04 end of this year....silver w/red seats. The s2k is an incredibly cheap car (compared to the boxter, z4, etc) and dealers in NYC are starting to play around invoice or just above.

The one we looked at was a red '04. Sticker price was $33,800.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Eli
What's wrong with the Element's interior? :confused:

It looked and felt cheap as hell. My GF's Civic is way better IMHO (well, except for the cheesy plastic silver ring around the base of the shifter).

thomsbrain

Lifer
Dec 4, 2001
Originally posted by: NFS4

It looked and felt cheap as hell. My GF's Civic is way better IMHO (well, except for the cheesy plastic silver ring around the base of the shifter).

yeah but you can't barf in the civic. not the greatest post-frat-party car.

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999

I like that plastic silver ring! :p

You should check out the interior of the Acura EL..they are pretty nice.

RagingBITCH

Lifer
Sep 27, 2003
Originally posted by: mAdD INDIAN

I like that plastic silver ring! :p

You should check out the interior of the Acura EL..they are pretty nice.

Acura EL?

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
Acura EL

It's a Canadian model only. Pretty much a spiffy & luxurious Civic. It's very popular hear due to its relatively cheap price and features.

And until recently, it was always more powerful than the Civic sedan (had a 127hp motor).

LongCoolMother

Diamond Member
Sep 4, 2001
fine here. im 5'7" and it fits fine. of course, its no where near as spacious as the camry, but still adequate. my dad is about 5'11" and he drives ours with no problem. of course, he HATES the s2000, as its extremely rough and cramped compared the camry.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: LongCoolMother
fine here. im 5'7" and it fits fine. of course, its no where near as spacious as the camry, but still adequate. my dad is about 5'11" and he drives ours with no problem. of course, he HATES the s2000, as its extremely rough and cramped compared the camry.

come on man, camry vs s2k for comfort?

Your dad is probably the same kind of person who buys a hummer and then bitches about the gas mileage :p

lowfatbaconboy

Golden Member
Oct 21, 2000
Originally posted by: SWScorch
Originally posted by: isekii
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: SWScorch
145 lbs is thin? I'm 5'10" and 125 lbs!!

are you a girl?

if not eat something

He's prolly a vegen. Either that or indian.

neither :p I love meat, eat all the time (just ate a soft taco and a english muffin). I think I may have worms :)

im the same way 5'11'' 135lbs (max weight i got up to was 138 after 5-6 months of lifting 4 days a week and eating like mad and having protein shakes)

but ive sat in a s2k and i didn't think it was that small.... (but then agian i was in the passenger seat)