Is the S2000 REALLY that small inside or am I just crazy?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I drove a Porsche Boxster yesterday: OMG!

Tight Tight Tight...blows them ALL away (S2000, Z4, SLK, Miata, 350Z, etc.)!!!

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: AgaBooga
Maybe the seat was too far up causing a bad first impression?

I pushed the seat all the way back as soon as I sat down.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: z0mb13
but the s2000 is so HOT!!

Tell that to my GF. I was telling her how cool it was and we both sat in it and I was pointing out the digital guages and was playing with the center console. I was also trying to explain to her the POINT of buying a sports car such as the S2000. She seemed totally unimpressed. The coolest thing to her was the hideaway radio.

Women!!:eek::confused:

Freejack2

Diamond Member
Dec 31, 2000
Why on earth would you ever want to barf on a Honda Element? :p :D
Coworker of mine had one of those Elements. Couldn't stand the thing so he traded it in for a Subaru.
As for sports cars, it needs to be comfortable. If I need a shoehorn to get in I don't want anything to do with it.

OS

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: NFS4
Originally posted by: z0mb13
but the s2000 is so HOT!!

Tell that to my GF. I was telling her how cool it was and we both sat in it and I was pointing out the digital guages and was playing with the center console. I was also trying to explain to her the POINT of buying a sports car such as the S2000. She seemed totally unimpressed. The coolest thing to her was the hideaway radio.

Women!!:eek::confused:

You need to fill the trunk with subs to vibrate her seat and then she will like it.

SWScorch

Diamond Member
May 13, 2001
Originally posted by: isekii
Originally posted by: Anubis
Originally posted by: SWScorch
145 lbs is thin? I'm 5'10" and 125 lbs!!

are you a girl?

if not eat something

He's prolly a vegen. Either that or indian.

neither :p I love meat, eat all the time (just ate a soft taco and a english muffin). I think I may have worms :)

mAdD INDIAN

Diamond Member
Oct 11, 1999
In the Honda dealership in my area, we weren't allowed to sit inside one.

I did sit inside it at teh autoshow however, and yes it was tight. But once your sitting in there, it feels comfy..but getting inside is hard.

I'm around 5ft 7in and 145lbs.

UNCjigga

Lifer
Dec 12, 2000
Originally posted by: Freejack2
Because you can just hose it down!!! :p

So the bigger question is, why does Brandon's gf drive a new Civic and not a Corolla (isn't the Corolla S just a few bucks more than a Civic EX?) Even better question...how come you couldn't convince her to get a Mazda 3??? :p

But tell her the Honda fanbois on the forum applaud her decision!

TechnoKid

Diamond Member
Feb 12, 2001
5'10" 145lbs and I can fit very comfortably in the S2000. Some of the nicest seats I've sat in.

Aside: Ideally (for say, autocrossing), when you sit in a car, and you reach with your right hand so you wrist meets up with the top of the steeriing wheel, your shoulder blade should NOT lift off the seat; if it does, you are too far away from the steering wheel. Either slide the seat up, make it more straight up instead of leaned back, or pull out the steering wheel. When both hands are at the 9 and 3 oclock position, your elbows should be slight bent. If you are taller than average, then you may have to adjust this setup so your head doesn't touch the headliner of the car.

Rent

Diamond Member
Aug 8, 2000
I've sat in a few S2000s... and yes, they are horribly tiny on the interior. Now, I'm 6'4" and 185, so to me, it was like being in an iron maiden. I was just waiting for something to poke me in the eyes :(

Theres only a few cars that make me feel that way. The other most memorable is the Miata. I thought I was going to need the jaws of life to get out of that thing.

KokomoGST

Diamond Member
Nov 13, 2001
You know I think it's just the way the seat holds you... I sat in the S2000. S'ok... definitely on the hard and slick side. I prefer firm-ish (not rock hard) and grippy. I'm also 5"10" at a buck 60.

The Evo's Recaros were too wide for me... they supposedly adjusted the seats so they would fit the lard yard that is America.

NFS4

No Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Originally posted by: Jigga
Originally posted by: Freejack2
Because you can just hose it down!!! :p

So the bigger question is, why does Brandon's gf drive a new Civic and not a Corolla (isn't the Corolla S just a few bucks more than a Civic EX?) Even better question...how come you couldn't convince her to get a Mazda 3??? :p

But tell her the Honda fanbois on the forum applaud her decision!

I actually suggested the Civic. Great resale value (better than the Mazda) and she liked it better than the Corolla which she thought was ugly. And it gets great gas mileage (31/39 with auto). Also, considering that her parents were forking over a large portion of $$$ too for the car, they wanted something that was proven. She got:

Keyless/Security sytem
CD
Moonroof
15" Alloy wheels
Side airbags
Cruise