Is the problem Windows 10, or hardware?

Comdrpopnfresh

Golden Member
Jul 25, 2006
I'm experiencing a few different frustrating network difficulties. I've read that Windows 10 has some issues with dropping connections, or inability to connect to a network. But, I cannot figure out if this is software or not.

The first issue: My laptop will frequently drop the WiFi connection at home, and then show no available connections, or limited networks present vs what is actually broadcasting. When I finally see my home network re-appear and attempt to connect, Windows just says that it's connecting, and often nothing happens. Sometimes, but not always, a restart fixes this. I notice this behavior frequently after resuming from hibernation, but also in the middle of watching a video, etc.

The second issue: I have a desktop that I use to stream video to the Display Adapter plugged into my TV. Occasionally, the video will pause; sometimes it seems to have dropped the buffer and is recovering a load of the stream, and other times it does the same thing and then the connection to the Display Adapter drops, although the computer still indicates it is connected. I have the latest firmware installed on the Display Adapter.

No other networks in range of either machine are very strong on the same channel.

ch33zw1z

Lifer
Nov 4, 2004
Tough to tell.

Things to do:

Update all drivers, BIOS

Try a LAN cable, if isue persists, possibly router..