Is the movie Jerry Maguire any good?

Medellon

Feb 13, 2000
My girlfriend has been bugging me to watch this movie for some time now and I think I need to give in. Is this movie a chic flick? I like Tom Cruise and have seen most of his movies but passed on this one when it came out.

Bulk Beef

Diamond Member
Aug 14, 2001
It would be a good date movie - enough chick factor to keep a girl happy, and you won't fall asleep. Well, I probably would, but I've fallen asleep during Aliens, so make of that what you will.

Cyco

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2002
Not bad...a chick flick disguised as a sports flick...best of both worlds for watching with your woman...only downfall is seeing Cuba nekkid from behind.

Medellon

Feb 13, 2000
Well I just watched it and I wasn't impressed. The kid was annoying and unbelievable, the story was very predictable, and there were a lot of holes with the whole sports thing. First, you rarely if ever hear a player talk about his agent or see an agent just hanging out with his clients. Cuba and Tom were practically inseperable. Second, the only reason he went back with his wife is because he was feeling good after the contract Cuba got. If Cuba would have gotten hurt or something Tom would be drowning his sorrows in a bar somewhere, not going back to his wife. Third, I know Cuba and his wife love each other already! Stop shoving it down our throats every time they are together. There was a reason I didn't see this film when it came out, my chic flick radar is still operational and accurate.