Is the column along the right hand side ever going to be removed?

Jumpem

Lifer
Sep 21, 2000
The forums have looked terrible since they were bought out after Anand left. The two columns and resulting squished posts in the middle are not a good use of space.

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
Click on the sidebar 3 dots on the right hand side of the page and the 3 lines to the left of the word AnandTech at the top left of the page and they both disappear.

Reactions: A///

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
Unfortunately, the right side column reappears from time to time...I wish there was a setting that would let you turn that crap off completely.

corkyg

Elite Member | Peripherals
Super Moderator
Mar 4, 2000
Just to make sure what we are talking about, do you mean the column that is headed "Ask the Community" and "Trending Threads?" That's all I see on the right.

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
There is a REPLY box at the top right hand corner and next to the reply box are 3 blue dots all in a downward row!
If you click on those dots the right side collapses!! I have noticed that almost everyday you have to re-click on those dots!!
Also those dots can be covered by ads.....

allisolm

Elite Member
Administrator
Jan 2, 2001
And those 3 blue dots all in a downward row, when I mouseover them, say "Sidebar"!

Reactions: JEDIYoda

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
Unfortunately, the right side column reappears from time to time...I wish there was a setting that would let you turn that crap off completely.

yes, I wish we could set it to be off permanently.

---
I am now seeing a giant red icon in the bottom right corner, telling me that I have turned off notifications. Yes, I know that I have turned them off. I did that intentionally. Please don't stick a giant icon on my screen telling me that I did a thing that I did on purpose. Is there any way to remove this icon?

BoomerD

No Lifer
Feb 26, 2006
yes, I wish we could set it to be off permanently.

---
I am now seeing a giant red icon in the bottom right corner, telling me that I have turned off notifications. Yes, I know that I have turned them off. I did that intentionally. Please don't stick a giant icon on my screen telling me that I did a thing that I did on purpose. Is there any way to remove this icon?

Apparently not. There's a thread about it.