Is the 1 guy 1 jar video fake?

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Barfo

Lifer
Jan 4, 2005
I've watched it multiple times. And it pisses me off more every time. And I'm pretty sure they got off free.

EDIT: Wait, no they didn't, thankfully. Reading the Wiki makes me ever more sick..they attacked two 14 year old boys in daylight and killed one...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dnepropetrovsk_maniacs
Ugh...just reading that makes me sick, I´m pretty sure watching the video would give me nightmares D:

Agentbolt

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2004
The Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs murder video is the sole video on the internet I had real trouble watching. It's horrible, yes, but it just goes on and on and on. How the hell did the poor guy survive so long???

James Bond

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2005
The Dnepropetrovsk Maniacs murder video is the sole video on the internet I had real trouble watching. It's horrible, yes, but it just goes on and on and on. How the hell did the poor guy survive so long???
How long does he survive? I'm never watching

Agentbolt

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2004
Tough to tell, something had already happened to him before the video even started, since he's just laying there. The torture goes on for at least, what, 7 minutes? And it's not "bamboo under the fingernails" torture, they stab him with a screwdriver about 100 times, and towards the end it's mostly into his eye socket.

James Bond

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2005
Tough to tell, something had already happened to him before the video even started, since he's just laying there. The torture goes on for at least, what, 7 minutes? And it's not "bamboo under the fingernails" torture, they stab him with a screwdriver about 100 times, and towards the end it's mostly into his eye socket.
And hes still alive during most of this????

40Hands

Diamond Member
Jun 29, 2004
How about the pain olympics? (at least that's what it was called when I saw it) That one was pretty harsh!

I haven't seen the hammer video but that's really on a different level.

GTaudiophile

Lifer
Oct 24, 2000
I refuse to watch this.

The suspects' cell phones and personal computers contained multiple video recordings of the murders taking place. One full video was leaked to the Internet, showing the murder of 48-year-old Sergei Yatzenko. He is seen laying on his back in a wooded area, and is struck repeatedly in the face with a hammer held inside a plastic bag. One of the attackers pokes out Yatzenko's eyes, and stabs him in the abdomen with a screwdriver. Yatzenko is then struck with the hammer in order to ensure that he is dead. The attack lasts over four minutes, during which the victim lapses in and out of consciousness. One of the murderers can be seen smiling towards the camera during the video.[39] The murderers walk back to their car, showing that the crime took place only a few feet away from the side of a road, next to their parked car. They discuss the murder calmly, expressing mild amazement that the victim was still breathing after a screwdriver was plunged into his exposed brain. The suspects then wash their hands and the hammer with a water bottle, and begin to laugh. Only two suspects appear to be present in the video, with one always behind the camera.[40]

ASK THE COMMUNITY