is steelseries siberia USB soundcard worthy over my on-board VIA HD sound card?

nix253

Jan 14, 2010
http://steelseries.com/products/audio/steelseries-siberia-usb-soundcard

this is the thing i'm currently interested in buying. but i haven't been able to find many reviews on this product. the one that i found recommends this "over a normal on-board soundcard". now the on-board VIA HD sound card i have is great definitely especially with the logitech g330 headphones i use. the issue is over the time, the volume dial on the headphones accumulates dust which distorts and disturbs the sound and the right-left balance.

so i'm thinking if i use these headphones, with the volume dial set on near max. and covered:p, paired with the above mentioned sound card and use it's volume buttons instead then how will that perform when compared to the headphones pairing with my on-board sound card, set-up which i'm currently using? i'll go for it even if i get the performance of former equivalent to that of the latter.

kami

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Usually anything is better than on board but i am not sure about this. Just make sure your current sound card doesn't have any processing features you will miss too much that the Siberia won't have. For example I could never use a product without the "crystalizer" feature now. I think it makes things sound a lot nicer used in moderation, as much as some audiophiles may cringe over a non-pure sound.