Is Sonicwall Secure endpoint manager safe?

kyrax12

Platinum Member
May 21, 2010
I am WFH right now, but I haven't got my work laptop yet. I am using my personal computer, and I have to install a secure endpoint manager to remote in to my work pc. Is the program malicious? Can my employer track what I do on my personal PC?

Anyone here know knowledge on what kind of software it is?

deadlyapp

Diamond Member
Apr 25, 2004
Yes, generally the end point managers are also administrator tools, so they can restrict access to web addresses, remotely access, etc. It just depends on what controls they have turned on.

I wouldn't install any endpoint manager on any of my personal equipment.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Sonicwall is legit software so provided it was purchased legally it should be fine in the sense of "malware" at least.

As mentioned above however (and this is almost certainly in the EULA) you should anticipate being monitored.

I would only install this app on hardware I used exclusively for work.

*(also wrong forum)

Last edited:

BudAshes

Lifer
Jul 20, 2003
Since it says sonicwall my guess is it is just an SSL VPN software connection, but honestly I haven't used sonicwalls in several years so I can't remember the different software names/versions. If that is the case then it is safe as long as you disable it while you are doing personal browsing as it is purely a tool that connects you to a remote network. If it is actually endpoint security software that monitors your system then that is a different story as many times you can't disable those once they are installed without a password or some difficulty. Might be time to do some googling to find out.