Is someone shooting projectiles at my apartment???

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
So I am sitting watching television this evening, and I hear a fairly loud bang outside of my patio door...I go outside, and notice a small round pellet laying on the floor.

I have shot paintball guns before, and this was definitely not a paintball...it is perfectly round and somewhat gel like...hard enough to retain its shape when squished, but with a soft gooey texture...it is also sticky, almost like a tree sap or maple syrup...the color is approximate to motor oil. There is no exterior shell to the object...it has the same conistency throughout. It almost feels like one of those ergonomic gel pads for resting your arm on while using a mouse or keyboard...although like I said, with a gooey, sticky exterior. The size is roughly that of a rasberry or blueberry.

Looking around the outside of my apartment, I noticed several more sticking to the wall around my bedroom window.

Did a little research on various soft projectiles, but nothing quite like what I found outside of my apartment.

There are a lot of college aged kids in my apartment complex, some with which I have had negative encounters with due to their being loud late at night during the work week...so I wouldn't put it past some of these knuckleheads to fire off a few rounds at my windows.

Of course I could just be paranoid, but given that this mystery object magically appeared after I heard the noise, I smell something rotten in the state of Denmark...and it ain't the cheese.

Raiden256

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2001
First off, the pellet was "lying" on the floor.

Are these honors kids who don't like your grammar?

AntisociaL

Golden Member
Dec 29, 2001
Go outside and start running around and screaming at the top of your lungs with the biggest kitchen knife you have. Since they are using soft projectiles they obviously dont want to cause damage and are not much of a threat, your crazed rampage will scare the punks off.

Kaervak

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2001
They aren't just in the jungle, they are the jungle. Standard operating procedure dictates that you return fire with an equal or larger caliber weapon. If necessary a flamethrower may be substituted.

hjo3

Diamond Member
May 22, 2003
Are you by chance a 70-year old man who often shakes his cane at young people for walking on the grass?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Are you by chance a 70-year old man who often shakes his cane at young people for walking on the grass?
Hardly...but drunk girls singing Madonna tunes at the top of their lungs, and a bunch of guys boasting their sexual conquests on their cell phones at 3am gets old real quick when you get up at 5am for work.

where the fvck are the pics?
I have a digital cam and can take pics, but don't have a webpage to link to...any recommendations on where I could upload a pic for people to see?

Well like I said there are a few stuck to the wall...the one I found looks like it hit my patio door window and bounced off.

newParadigm

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2003
Originally posted by: Starbuck1975
Hardly...but drunk girls singing Madonna tunes at the top of their lungs, and their a bunch of guys boasting their sexual conquests on their cell phones at 3am gets old real quick when you get up at 5am for work.

where the fvck are the pics?
I have a digital cam and can take pics, but don't have a webpage to link to...any recommendations on where I could upload a pic for people to see?

Well like I said there are a few stuck to the wall...the one I found looks like it hit my patio door window and bounced off.

Only at http://pics.bbzzdd.com, the official ATOT pics server.

Cobalt

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2000
Originally posted by: Raiden256

Why don't you get a fvcking life you scum bag... Don't pick apart his post just so you can make yourself feel better. Why don't you go out and get a fvcking girlfriend, jesus christ man...

EDIT: Grammar nazis must burn..

Raiden256

Platinum Member
Feb 11, 2001
Originally posted by: cobalt

Why don't you get a fvcking life you scum bag... Don't pick apart his post just so you can make yourself feel better. Why don't you go out and get a fvcking girlfriend, jesus christ man...

LOL you're fun! This post just totally made my night.

PS: How's that anger management class goin' for ya?

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
sygyzy, the poster that mentioned Airsoft, I just visited a few sites that sell their products...unable to find a match or tell if Airsoft pellets match what I found outside my apartment...are Airsoft pellets typically gooey or gel like in terms of consistency?

Also just happened to walk into the common hallway outside my apartment...the floor is littered with these little pellets...looks like someone had a little shootout...whatever happened, my apartment wall may have been an innocent victim to all of this.

Mrvile

Lifer
Oct 16, 2004
Originally posted by: Starbuck1975
sygyzy, the poster that mentioned Airsoft, I just visited a few sites that sell their products...unable to find a match or tell if Airsoft pellets match what I found outside my apartment...are Airsoft pellets typically gooey or gel like in terms of consistency?

Also just happened to walk into the common hallway outside my apartment...the floor is littered with these little pellets...looks like someone had a little shootout...whatever happened, my apartment wall may have been an innocent victim to all of this.

Nah airsoft pellets are like little hard plastic balls about 1/2cm in diameter. I doubt they were airsoft.

Cobalt

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2000
Originally posted by: cobalt

LOL you're fun! This post just totally made my night.

PS: How's that anger management class goin' for ya?

Honestly though, enough is enough. I'm willing to be that about 90% of threads posted here have some grammar nazi comment, it's ridiculous. This is an internet forum, people's posts will not always be grammatically correct.