Is Shooting Birds With Airsoft Guns Animal Abuse?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
OP your "friend" is a potential psychopath and YOU are an animal-abusing POS if you do this.

I think we should tie YOU to a tree naked and shoot YOU in the nuts with an airsoft gun a few times to let YOU decide if it "hurts" enough to qualify as "abusive".

:mad:

How's this for "attention" scumbag? Feel good? o_O

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Number1

Gizmo j

Nov 9, 2013
OP your "friend" is a potential psychopath and YOU are an animal-abusing POS if you do this.

I think we should tie YOU to a tree naked and shoot YOU in the nuts with an airsoft gun a few times to let YOU decide if it "hurts" enough to qualify as "abusive".

:mad:

How's this for "attention" scumbag? Feel good? o_O
Did you not read my post?

I said to my friend that it IS animal abuse but I wanted to know if people agreed with him.

Shmee

Memory & Storage, Graphics Cards Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 13, 2008
Yeah it is certainly cruel, you shouldn't do it.

Reactions: Captante

RPD

Diamond Member
Jul 22, 2009
I wanted to get an airsoft gun on Amazon and a friend of mine said we should shoot birds with it.

I told him that's animal abuse and he said it's not because the BBs just "SURPRISES" the birds but doesn't actually "HURT" them.

Would you agree with me friend?
Shoot yourself or your friend and reask the question. You shouldn't need a 3rd party to verify a question like this.

Reactions: Captante

Captante

Lifer
Oct 20, 2003
Did you not read my post?

I said to my friend that it IS animal abuse but I wanted to know if people agreed with him.

Unfortunately YES I did read your post. :confused:

I USED to just think you were just a semi-amusing id10t.

I'm sick and tired of your "attention seeking" and this instance is the worst yet..... what kind of garbage human-being (over the age of 10 at least!) still does crap like this or has to "question" if it's wrong?

:rolleyes:

Last edited:

UsandThem

Elite Member
May 4, 2000
better would be dressing up as a turkey.
In the OP's case, a cheap Wal-Mart SWAT costume while he's hopped on unsprescribed estrogen pills while drinking vodka w/ soda and holding a 1994 birth certificate is much more likely.

Although just think if the OP put 1% of the effort into their college degree aspirations as they do trying to figure out if it's a good idea for 28 year old "adults" to shoot birds with pellets for "fun" because their friend said so.

Reactions: dawp

MtnMan

Diamond Member
Jul 27, 2004
I wanted to get an airsoft gun on Amazon and a friend of mine said we should shoot birds with it.

I told him that's animal abuse and he said it's not because the BBs just "SURPRISES" the birds but doesn't actually "HURT" them.

Would you agree with me friend?
You need better friends, for that one is a sick fuck. Please tell him so.

Number1

Diamond Member
Feb 24, 2006
OP had to create a tread to figure out if inflicting pain on defenceless animals for fun is OK?
He is not sure.

But why?

Poor upbringing? His parents never tought him anything? Stupidity? Trolling? Lobotomized? Dementia? Drugs? Comatose?

Bitek

Lifer
Aug 2, 2001
Man, fuck your friend. Calling such a POS like this dude friend speaks poorly of you.

I vote to arm the birds with HIMARS and turn them on you two numbskulls.