Is Rush Limbaugh a racist too? UPDATE: Fatboy resigns from ESPN!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

friedpie

Oct 1, 2002
Originally posted by: CaptnKirk
Well lets see here, born & raised in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.
You figure it out.

I have it figured out: You are not very bright.

Where you are born has nothing to do with whether or not you are racist. Missouri is not the south, either. It's the mid-west.

friedpie

Oct 1, 2002
Originally posted by: MonstaThrilla

Suggesting that somebody is only considered a good quarterback for the SOLE reason that he's black is what's racist.

I don't know, I think what he is saying is that the league was looking to promote a black QB, probably because traditionally (you can't really argue this point) star NFL QBs have been white. In his opinion McNabb doesn't live up to the hype (like a Michael Vick has) so it must be something else.

AmdInside

Golden Member
Jan 22, 2002
I remember back when Rush was interviewing for Monday Night football. He start spewing alot of football talk on his show to make it seem like he knew alot about the NFL but it was obvious he is clueless. I'd rather hear my wife's comments on football than Rush's. His head is to big for his body. He has been on the radio for so long that he actually thinks he's Rush. He doesn't realize that he is an idiot.

friedpie

Oct 1, 2002
Originally posted by: BOBDN
I'd love to see Limbaugh interview Donovan McNabb and ask him about this issue in person so McNabb could bitch-slap Limbaugh for the cameras.

Fat little hump Limbaugh would probably run off the set crying like a sissy.

Maybe that's where his twisted opinions come from. The realization he is physically inferior.

Now you sound like the inferior or insecure one thinking physical might makes right.

I'm surprised you didn't bring up penis size, too. lol

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: friedpie
I'd love to see Limbaugh interview Donovan McNabb and ask him about this issue in person so McNabb could bitch-slap Limbaugh for the cameras.

Maybe that's where his twisted opinions come from. The realization he is physically inferior.

Now you sound like the inferior or insecure one thinking physical might makes right.

I'm surprised you didn't bring up penis size, too. lol

But I thought since the Bush administration decided on their policy of pre-emption physical might DOES make right.

As for penis size I'll leave that subject to you. You sound like a big dick.

Sternfan

May 24, 2003

You are the bitch, get your head out of you ass for one F^CKING minute.

BOBDN

Banned
May 21, 2002
Originally posted by: Sternfan

Comimg from someone stupid enough to actually admit in their screen name to being a Stern fan. Stern fans don't have heads to stick up their a$$.

I'll bitch slap you, Stern, Limbaugh and that Hero freak. :)

Sternfan

May 24, 2003
Originally posted by: Sternfan

Comimg from someone stupid enough to actually admit in their screen name to being a Stern fan. Stern fans don't have heads to stick up their a$$.

I'll bitch slap you, Stern, Limbaugh and that Hero freak. :)

Shut up you are a left wing wennie, and I am sick of your sh^t. Why don't you and the other girls get a life.

FrodoB

Apr 5, 2001
People that get offended by comments like this are people that need serious counselling. There was NO RACISM in that comment. He spoke the truth. McNabb is a good QB, but not great. He's been extremely overrated from the beginning. He is an erratic passer and has no accuracy whatsoever. There is no doubt that the media very much desires covering black qbs. They are a minority in the nfl, it's a position that historically has been very white, and black qbs are typically more fun to watch because of their athleticism.
It works both ways. A few years ago the media latched onto Jason Sehorn, an overrated WHITE cornerback playing a black man's position. Then there's the constant search for good white "Rocky" boxers. Tiger Woods receives constant coverage because he plays a sport that's whitey white. You can go beyond sports and into entertainment... eminem. This is what makes the most news - the abnormalities, not the typical stereotypes.
SOme people need to step into reality and stop looking for the oppurtunity to be offended.
What a brilliant pr move this was!! Viewership will skyrocket... despite what they may say in public, ESPN is LOVING this.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Originally posted by: HeroOfPellinor
I'd love to see Limbaugh interview Donovan McNabb and ask him about this issue in person so McNabb could bitch-slap Limbaugh for the cameras. [ ... ]
You make me sick. You actually wish physical harm on somebody because of what they think?! [ ... ]
Careful BOBDN. Keep it up and people will start thinking you're a neo-conservative.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Is Rush Limbaugh a racist too?

No, he's just an ignorant blowhard with a microphone. It wasn't a racist comment, just a stupid one.

daniel1113

Diamond Member
Jun 6, 2003
Originally posted by: Bowfinger
Is Rush Limbaugh a racist too?

No, he's just an ignorant blowhard with a microphone. It wasn't a racist comment, just a stupid one.

rolleye.gif

Tripleshot

Elite Member
Jan 29, 2000
Rush will probably lose his job over this and good riddens. That fathead deserves the boot. He thinks he is God over all conservatism. He couldn't be farther from that calling if he tried. But people who can't think for themselves use his every utterance as the backbone of their pathetic charactor, spewing his ditto head drival at every oppurtunity to discredit those who DO think with more than 2 neurons at a time.

Check the cable news sources for updates. His sponsers are dropping him like a hot potato.

DealMonkey

Lifer
Nov 25, 2001
Well I guess it's all over now that the fatboy has sung. I can almost hear the dittoheads weeping softly. :D

Rush Limbaugh Resigns From ESPN Amid Criticism

NEW YORK ? Commentator Rush Limbaugh (search) resigned from ESPN on Wednesday night, three days after saying Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb (search) is overrated because the media wanted to see a black quarterback succeed.

"My comments this past Sunday were directed at the media and were not racially motivated," Limbaugh said in a statement. "I offered an opinion. This opinion has caused discomfort to the crew, which I regret.

"I love 'NFL Sunday Countdown' and do not want to be a distraction to the great work done by all who work on it," Limbaugh said.

George Bodenheimer, president of ESPN (search) and ABC Sports, accepted the resignation.

"We regret the circumstances surrounding this," he said in a statement. "We believe that he took the appropriate action to resolve this matter expeditiously."

Earlier Wednesday, Democratic presidential candidates Wesley Clark, Howard Dean and Rev. Al Sharpton called for the cable sports network to fire Limbaugh.

McNabb had said earlier Wednesday that he didn't mind criticism of his performance. He was upset that Limbaugh made his race an issue and said it was too late for an apology.

"It's somewhat shocking to hear that on national TV from him," McNabb said. "It's not something that I can sit here and say won't bother me."

Limbaugh insisted earlier Wednesday he had "no racist intent whatsoever." In fact, he said he must have been right; otherwise, the comments would not have sparked such outrage.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
WTF was Rush doing on ESPN anyway? He's fat, near-deaf, and overtly conservative.

digitalsm

Diamond Member
Jul 11, 2003
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
Suggesting somebody needs assistance getting into a Univeristy because they're black gets you universal praise as a civil rights champion.

Suggesting somebody needs assistance getting on and staying on a professional football team because they're black gets you called a racist.

"Double" meet "Standard".
Uh.. who needed assistance getting on and staying on a Pro Football team? I bet Rush has your DNA all over his zipper!

There are better QBs out of jobs right now. McNabb is over rated.

LilBlinbBlahIce

Golden Member
Dec 31, 2001
Originally posted by: DealMonkey
Well I guess it's all over now that the fatboy has sung. I can almost hear the dittoheads weeping softly. :D

NEW YORK ? Commentator Rush Limbaugh (search) resigned from ESPN on Wednesday night, three days after saying Philadelphia Eagles quarterback Donovan McNabb (search) is overrated because the media wanted to see a black quarterback succeed.

"My comments this past Sunday were directed at the media and were not racially motivated," Limbaugh said in a statement. "I offered an opinion. This opinion has caused discomfort to the crew, which I regret.

"I love 'NFL Sunday Countdown' and do not want to be a distraction to the great work done by all who work on it," Limbaugh said.

George Bodenheimer, president of ESPN (search) and ABC Sports, accepted the resignation.

"We regret the circumstances surrounding this," he said in a statement. "We believe that he took the appropriate action to resolve this matter expeditiously."

Earlier Wednesday, Democratic presidential candidates Wesley Clark, Howard Dean and Rev. Al Sharpton called for the cable sports network to fire Limbaugh.

McNabb had said earlier Wednesday that he didn't mind criticism of his performance. He was upset that Limbaugh made his race an issue and said it was too late for an apology.

"It's somewhat shocking to hear that on national TV from him," McNabb said. "It's not something that I can sit here and say won't bother me."

Limbaugh insisted earlier Wednesday he had "no racist intent whatsoever." In fact, he said he must have been right; otherwise, the comments would not have sparked such outrage.

Goodbye lard ass scum bag!

bjc112

Lifer
Dec 23, 2000
Originally posted by: Pacfanweb
Originally posted by: digitalsm
Originally posted by: Red Dawn
!

There are better QBs out of jobs right now. McNabb is over rated.
Exactly.

I agree.. Mcnabb is good but not great..

Although the comment was out of line, .. (Even one of the most cocky guys...The great Michael Irvin agreed...)

Didn't seem TOO bad to me..

IMHO..

Zebo

Elite Member
Jul 29, 2001
Originally posted by: LilBlinbBlahIce

Goodbye lard ass scum bag!

rolleye.gif

If BET on one of their talk shows said "M&Ms the media's darling because he's white" would it be racist? I've heard it said plenty. In Vibe and other music pubs.

AND IT"S TRUE

Any anomoly such as a white rapper or Black NFL QB gets more reporting and curries the media favor!! It's natural.

It's wrong to mention it?

PS: I do think about 50% of all repubs are racist though from personal private conversations and observations. So I would'nt put it past him. White, mexican, asain or balck it does'nt matter, it's ingrained and harbored in thier philosophy of exclusion, individualism, tradition and fear.

Jan 12, 2003
I was watching ESPN live when he said that...hoped that 'big fat idiot' would be shown the door; I watch ESPN for sports, not for Rush's views on society.

colonel

Golden Member
Apr 22, 2001
he has a talk show here afternoon in NY city, I listen to this guy becuase I love talk radio and there is nothing on , but this guy is a freak.

CADsortaGUY

Lifer
Oct 19, 2001
www.ShawCAD.com

I see the left has once again successfully shouted out another person. I guess it's only "racism" when a Republican/Conservative OR "white"person says such things, but it's OK when Dems/Libs OR a "black" person says such.

I see you've finally "gotten" your man and "taken him down":p too bad the only people going to lose from this is ESPN:p Buahahaha!

CkG