Is Ron Paul president yet?

scootermaster

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2005
I haven't seen anything on TV or any major news sites, so he probably isn't, but I figured I would check here to make sure.

I did see a Ron Paul bumper sticker though. My first one ever, actually (and I live in Los Angeles).

So did he win? Is he our next president?

Obvious Troll thread

Anandtech Senior Moderator
Red Dawn

scootermaster

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2005
Originally posted by: bamacre
You don't know who is President of the country in which you live?

No, it's not that. It's just that the "reality" of "the country in which I live" states that Ron Paul has no fucking chance of ever being anything but an odd footnote in a relatively boring Republican presidential race. But over here at ATP&N, he's the next president.

Something about a "brokered convention" or "I also believe the moon landing was broadcast from Santa Barbara". Can't remember which one it was.

BoberFett

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
That's right, Ron Paul is the kook. Not the guy who doesn't care if we have 100 years of war.

bamacre

Lifer
Jul 1, 2004
Some one called me fat today at the grocery store, and I felt horrible. I decided to post a Ron Paul thread so that Ron Paul supporters will be reminded again how he so horribly lost in the race for the Republican nomination. Hopefully that will make them feel as bad as I do right now. That and other twinkie will make me feel better again.

scootermaster

Platinum Member
Nov 29, 2005
Originally posted by: BoberFett
That's right, Ron Paul is the kook. Not the guy who doesn't care if we have 100 years of war.

Oh, see, you missed the point.

Ron Paul is a very smart, educated and well spoken -- if a little misguided -- man.

The people [on this forum?] that think he's ever going to be president (or who ever thought he had a chance in hell). THEY are the kooks.

maddogchen

Diamond Member
Feb 17, 2004
election is in november...you're 7 months too early.

edit: actually inauguration is in Jan, so you're 9 months too early.

Feb 24, 2001
Originally posted by: scootermaster

Oh, see, you missed the point.

Ron Paul is a very smart, educated and well spoken -- if a little misguided -- man.

The people [on this forum?] that think he's ever going to be president (or who ever thought he had a chance in hell). THEY are the kooks.

Neither Hillary or Obama have a chance in hell either.

People can say whatever they want, but when it comes time to mark the box, they will chicken out of voting for a woman or black man. White old dude is the status quo, and it won't change. People are too scared of change, whether they realize it or not. Same reason Ron Paul stood no chance.

Bowfinger

Lifer
Nov 17, 2002
Why be baited by such a blatant troll? (And I'm not a Paul supporter, though I do like some of his ideas.)