Is Rice really that stoopid to believe her own words?

JEDIYoda

Lifer
Jul 13, 2005
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081005/ap_on_re_eu/as_rice

Rice says US not trying to undermine Russia
ASTANA, Kazakhstan - Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice on Sunday rejected any suggestion that U.S. efforts to build closer ties to this former Soviet republic are meant to undermine Russian influence in Central Asia.

"This is not a zero-sum game," she told reporters flying with her to the Kazakh capital. U.S. gains need not mean Russian losses, she said.

C`mon how stoopid or nieve does one have to be???
As Bugs Bunny would say -- This is unbewievable.....

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
Well, what the hell did you expect her to say? Seriously... But I can only tell you that hopefully bush will leave office before they both rice/bush really do something stooooopid to piss Russia off. You don't just go out with your finger up your ass talking BS to another nation that has more nukes then you do.

Now that's really stupid...go figure.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Originally posted by: ericlp
Well, what the hell did you expect her to say? Seriously... But I can only tell you that hopefully bush will leave office before they both rice/bush really do something stooooopid to piss Russia off...

They already did by arming Georgia that quickly used its new army to attack South Osetia.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000
IMO, it wasn't worth sending up a few nukes. Bush has been known to be stupider then that. He killed a few more people but that was peanuts compared to Iraq.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Rice is still trying to prove her Dick is bigger than Putins. She does these things because its in the foreign relations playbook and she follows the script.

As for any credibility she may have had, she got rid of that before she went to work for GWB. In short, no one with any brains believes a word she says.

But she has a free speech right to talk, and reporters report her mighty words.

techs

Lifer
Sep 26, 2000
Very quietly Rice has been cementing her credentials as the worst Secretary of State ever.

brencat

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2007
I think some of you are getting a bit too carried away. You have a hard-on for Rice and her policies, yet don't seem to also acknowledge how much Russian aggression has grown while comrade Putin has run that place. Meanwhile, they continue to try and corner more and more of the energy market to better hold our European allies hostage.

Russia is a nation of very smart but ultra-paranoid people. I say we give them the business wherever possible. And fvck their ex-KGB leaders too.

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002
Its not like she can openly come out and say "yes, ladies and gentleman, we ARE trying to undermine Russia"

Jhhnn

IN MEMORIAM
Nov 11, 1999
Originally posted by: brencat
I think some of you are getting a bit too carried away. You have a hard-on for Rice and her policies, yet don't seem to also acknowledge how much Russian aggression has grown while comrade Putin has run that place. Meanwhile, they continue to try and corner more and more of the energy market to better hold our European allies hostage.

Russia is a nation of very smart but ultra-paranoid people. I say we give them the business wherever possible. And fvck their ex-KGB leaders too.

Brilliant, absolutely brilliant- they're paranoid, so let's fuck with 'em...

That'll really help to promote peaceful coexistence, right?

Put yourself in the other guy's shoes to get a better understanding- the US is pursuing a relentless policy of hegemonism wrt former soviet republics and former eastern european allies. Then ask yourself why. What purpose is served, other than to undermine Russian interests?

"Free, freedom and Liberty"? Get Real, OK?

K1052

Elite Member
Aug 21, 2003
I have no problem undermining Russian interests in Eastern Europe. Most Eastern European nations have no interest in being within the Russian sphere of influence for very obvious reasons so its a natural fit.