Is pascal series gonna be badass or just will have same kinda improvement like the pr

harvthegeek

Mar 31, 2015
I mean
600 to 700 (around 10-15% better for same price)
700 to 900 (10-15% increased performance but they lowered the tdp which was not that great)
So will the pascal series coming in 2016
Gonnq have same type of improvements
Or nvidia is going to [outdo] amd by
Making 10x better graphic card.
Like 1060 10x better than 960.
Even if its not gonna be 10x
Will it be any good.

If pascal is goona be that great then wytf nvidia release gtx 960.

Thens whats the point in buying gtx 960 if nvidia releases gtx 1060 which IS Gonna be like gtx 970 for the same price.

This is a technical forum -- please control the hyperbole.
-- stahlhart

Last edited by a moderator:

Shehriazad

Nov 3, 2014
We can't possibly know yet...but 3 things will have a big impact either way.

Pascal will use HBM -> Cuts down power use and raises bandwidth
Pascal will finally be on a new node -> The effects of that have yet to be seen.
Pascal will use that NVLink stuff...again...we know nothing...but it is likely to have an effect.

1 will have positive impact either way...2 and 3 can go BOTH ways...that's like...all we can say.

Also...I feel like the 1K series (If that ends up being the name) might be another Maxwell refresh. I mean Nvidia likes using 2+ series for 1 architecture and just improve it a bit. See Kepler, Fermi etc. (And I see nothing wrong with it)

Edit: Your last sentence was just derpy, though. Why release a GTX 760 if a 960 is gonna be faster at the "same" price. Why release a GTX 560 if a GTX 660 is gonna be faster for the same price? Like brah...that is the entire point of new lineups...offer more for the same price or even offer more for less.

Last edited:

Flapdrol1337

Golden Member
May 21, 2014
A new chip production process with smaller transistors should give a big boost in gpu performance, regardless of architecture.

Techhog

Platinum Member
Sep 11, 2013
We can't possibly know yet...but 3 things will have a big impact either way.

Pascal will use HBM -> Cuts down power use and raises bandwidth
Pascal will finally be on a new node -> The effects of that have yet to be seen.
Pascal will use that NVLink stuff...again...we know nothing...but it is likely to have an effect.

1 will have positive impact either way...2 and 3 can go BOTH ways...that's like...all we can say.

Also...I feel like the 1K series (If that ends up being the name) might be another Maxwell refresh. I mean Nvidia likes using 2+ series for 1 architecture and just improve it a bit. See Kepler, Fermi etc. (And I see nothing wrong with it)

Edit: Your last sentence was just derpy, though. Why release a GTX 760 if a 960 is gonna be faster at the "same" price. Why release a GTX 560 if a GTX 660 is gonna be faster for the same price? Like brah...that is the entire point of new lineups...offer more for the same price or even offer more for less.

NVLink won't be used for consumer GPUs, will it? I was told that before when I got really upset over it.