IS OUR PUBLIC THAT SENSITIVE?!?! wtf

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
wtf?! the april 7th pics has couple of these so called "graphic" images that they covered up..unless u push play....so those are graphic in the view of the american public?...we can't be THIS sensitive?.. :disgust: :disgust:
::: flame suit on :::

dahunan

Lifer
Jan 10, 2002
NO flame, but I think it is VERY respectful (finally) that they give you the option of viewing a dismembered body or not.

Do you remember the Rwandan Tribal wars and then the Ebola that came afterwards? Well, the media showed many dead bodies floating in the rivers and bodies with their arms chopped off and I thought it was disgusting.. Images such as those can actually traumatize children... and others.

conjur

No Lifer
Jun 7, 2001
The TV news channels have shown video of that same boy...odd they'd censor it on a website.

Tiger

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
What is served by showing those images other than pandering to a juvenile puriant need of some people?

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
Originally posted by: conjur
The TV news channels have shown video of that same boy...odd they'd censor it on a website.

This story has gotten huge media attenion all over the US.

elzmaddy

Oct 29, 2002
What is served by showing those images other than pandering to a juvenile puriant need of some people?
I guess so we can be reminded of what war is. Especially necessary since our government has engaged the fighting. I think the media should show the gruesomeness, not be shielded from it. This way we can see what this really is about and perhaps think twice about it.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
Originally posted by: elzmaddy
I guess so we can be reminded of what war is. Especially necessary since our government has engaged the fighting. I think the media should show the gruesomeness, not be shielded from it. This way we can see what this really is about and perhaps think twice about it.

well, last couple times that happened (mongadishu and vietnam war)...we lost.....

Tiger

Platinum Member
Oct 9, 1999
OK, as long as the gruesome pictures of what the regime has done to it's own people over the last 30 years are shown at the same time.
Anybody with a brain stem knows war is bloody and needs to be avoided. None more so than those who have to go fight it and those who have had to live under Saddam and his 40 thieves.

kylebisme

Diamond Member
Mar 25, 2000
Originally posted by: Tiger
OK, as long as the gruesome pictures of what the regime has done to it's own people over the last 30 years are shown at the same time.

it is news, not history.

Alistar7

Lifer
May 13, 2002
then show the Iraqi civilians killed for refusing to fight, or executed for refusing to let their children be used for human shields. Can we at least get the pics of the Iraqi woman who was hanged for waving at our troops?