Is Obama really a bad president?

Page 8 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

What say ye!

• Good

• Bad

Results are only viewable after voting.
Apr 27, 2012
Why did you capitalise his middle name?

The man is a horrible president and he believes government can fix the problem when it only makes it worse.

As well the middle name tells a lot about him and his parents as well as his attitude to America. Many Americans dont know about his middle name and need to know this, why does the media hide this?

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
The man is a horrible president and he believes government can fix the problem when it only makes it worse.

As well the middle name tells a lot about him and his parents as well as his attitude to America. Many Americans dont know about his middle name and need to know this, why does the media hide this?

You do not exist.

5150Joker

Diamond Member
Feb 6, 2002
www.techinferno.com

What the fuck?

Sent from my GT-N7000

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
...the middle name tells a lot about him and his parents as well as his attitude to America...
That you hold this opinion speaks volumes about you and your prejudices.
...Many Americans dont know about his middle name and need to know this, why does the media hide this?
Under what rock were you hiding throughout the 2008 primaries and general election?

HAL9000

Lifer
Oct 17, 2010

They didn't, I knew it and I live in England.

I still don't get what his middle name has to do with anything.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003
They didn't, I knew it and I live in England.

I still don't get what his middle name has to do with anything.

I think in his own childish and illogical way he's trying to get people to believe that President Obama is possibly related to Saddam Hussein by virtue of the same spelling of their middle and last names.

What he doesn't realize is that in some of the non-Western areas of the world the name Hussein is as common as the name Smith or Jones is in the U.S.

He kind of reminds me of Michael Savage, who has a radio show originating from California; Michael loves to over emphasize the President's middle name every time he says it.

Last edited:

soundforbjt

Lifer
Feb 15, 2002
I think in his own childish and illogical way he's trying to get people to believe that President Obama is possibly related to Saddam Hussein by virtue of the same spelling of their middle and last names.

What he doesn't realize is that in some of the non-Western areas of the world the name Hussein is as common as the name Smith or Jones is in the U.S.

He kind of reminds me of Michael Savage, who has a radio show originating from California; Michael loves to over emphasize the President's middle name every time he says it.

What doesn't Michael Savage use his real last
name? His real name is Michael Weiner. :D

Last edited:

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
Yes, label me a bigot
You state that much can be inferred concerning President Obama, his parents, and their collective attitude concerning the United States, solely on the basis of his middle name. How does this not demonstrate prejudice?
to try shut down freedom of speech,
In what way did I attempt to limit your freedom of speech?
typical liberal
Trying to insult me? I'm far more liberal in some respects and far more conservative in others than you could imagine.
I am also far more rational than you could hope to become.

jackstar7

Lifer
Jun 26, 2009
Yes, label me a bigot to try shut down freedom of speech, typical liberal

Freedom of speech attacked? 404 Attack Not Found.

Laughable ignorance being answered with common knowledge? Yep.

Again, this is more evidence that you are a caricature and do not actually exist.

Charles Kozierok

Elite Member
May 14, 2012

Nah. Savage is nuts but he's actually a pretty smart guy.

I haven't seen a single post from "Incorruptible" that reflected even moderate thinking ability, and I'm dead serious about that. All he has to offer are ungrammatical regurgitated talking points.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
his legacy will be a purveyor of fear/envy/racism and class warfare fueled by utopian psychosis.

alzan

Diamond Member
May 21, 2003

Yeah I always wondered about that too. Maybe he thinks Savage gets him more listeners or something.

He's also a nutritionist; at least healthy nutrition was his claim to fame before the radio show.

CallMeJoe

Diamond Member
Jul 30, 2004
One should always be judged against one's peers...

And in that regard....A+
"One's peers" implies more than just one's immediate predecessor. Against any reasonable sampling of presidents I can rank President Obama no higher than mediocre.

Budarow2

Sep 14, 2011

I haven't seen a single post from "Incorruptible" that reflected even moderate thinking ability, and I'm dead serious about that. All he has to offer are ungrammatical regurgitated talking points.

Maybe he/she is a political "shill"? I remeber during one of the recent presidential elections a "new" poster joining this forum who was an obivous political plant. They had like 2 posts which came right before the election which played so much into to the old "red, white and blue" or American "apple pie" theme that I swear I heard the National Athem playing in the background. The posts were as scripted as they come, then again, from what you said, "Incorruptible's" posts, don't sound scripted.

tweaker2

Lifer
Aug 5, 2000
Maybe he/she is a political "shill"? I remeber during one of the recent presidential elections a "new" poster joining this forum who was an obivous political plant. They had like 2 posts which came right before the election which played so much into to the old "red, white and blue" or American "apple pie" theme that I swear I heard the National Athem playing in the background. The posts were as scripted as they come, then again, from what you said, "Incorruptible's" posts, don't sound scripted.

I read his posts for what it is: comic relief. You know, like watching Hannity, Beck, O'Reilly, Malken, Limbaugh, and the androgynous lady with the adams apple. Amazing how these expert alchemists can turn gold into lead.

Ninjahedge

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2005
No. So far I would put him above average.

He is a good diplomat and talented with foreign affairs. He has a good PR team and is very thoughtful about his comments whether formal or not (unlike many, including his own good hearted buy flubber mouthed VP).

I think he has an uncooperative congress to work with, a huge deficit, a recession and a few wars, but has kept the head above water despite the concrete swimmies being worn.

I can't really say he is the best. After guys like Lincoln, it is very difficult to compete. But saying "fair to poor" in an understatement as well. One has to look to see what a president is actually capable of doing before you rate him on what he is done.

Just because he has not parted the red sea does not mean that he decided not to.

werepossum

Elite Member
Jul 10, 2006
Because Wiener Nation, whilst humorous and arguably descriptive, doesn't exactly inspire followers. Same reason Jon Stuart doesn't use his real name, only even more so.

I have three of his books that I am reading. Well, trying to read. I personally find the man to be rather vile and uninspiring, even though I agree with him that a nation is defined by borders, language and culture. But my neighbor is a huge fan and I promised her that I would try to read his books. So far I am not a convert; I mostly just get the feeling that he thinks he's a lot smarter than he really is. I will say that his books (well, so far "book") are much less of a sewer than was his radio show. I am however keeping careful track of my actions, so that if I begin kicking puppies and cursing gay people I can stop reading.

cybrsage

Lifer
Nov 17, 2011
Compared to the first 42 presidents, Mr. Obama appears to me rather undistinguished. Not a terrible president, but not an especially effective leader nor visionary nor strategist.

I put him in the bad category due to not being an effective leader. Given three choices of Good, Bad, or Meh, I would call him Meh. I basically agree with you.

Apr 27, 2012

I prefer not to waste my time with ignorant liberals who just dont get it