Is Obama moving the USA towards global isolationism AKA Rand Paul Style

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
Obama has abandoned Syria to the Russians.

He's pulling us out of Afghanistan, completely pulled us out of Iraq.

Now he's dumping our traditional allies like Israel and Saudi Arabia

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/nov/26/saudi-hostility-iran-double-crossed-by-us

Russian influence will continue to grow in the middle east with its friends. The Saudi's look to be turning to an EU sphere of influence. China's influence will be felt in Afghanistan, and is already gaining strong influence into South America, and Africa.

Ever since Obama has become president, the influence and power of the USA has decreased dramatically, and it seems purposefully.

The typical, hate America mindset of liberalism is now having a strong impact on our global powers. They don't like America to be strong an dominate in the world. And the liar in chief has activity worked to take us out of influencing world policy.

IMHO this is terrible, we are actively being turned into a France/UK type 2nd world power, ceding major power roles to the Russians and Chinese. While I always believed that China due to its size would eventually become the world foremost superpower. I did not think that Obama would so quickly work to diminish the USA role in the world.

It seems like he's far more of a Ron Paul type of leader, quietly, yet quickly removing us from the worlds stage.

http://blogs.reuters.com/nicholas-wapshott/2013/09/05/the-isolationists-dilemma/

and a fairly good piece on Obama's isolationism I read after my post

http://reason.com/archives/2013/10/29/barack-obama-the-isolationist

LunarRay

Diamond Member
Mar 2, 2003
When the folks who earn the money don't want paying for nor participating in the wars that occur when we assert our posterior into the world stage it would seem prudent to back off....

Bush the junior produced two massive tax cuts in the face of two wars.... the longest in our history if my math is correct.... No one responsible for the intervention notion wants to go play in it, pay for it nor even help those who did.... So.... IF Obama can extract us from that quagmire more power to him.... IF every other nation wants to pay, play and pray then I'm for it too....

It's not political to me... It's about how far removed the people are from the wars they want us to prosecute... Do they even know we are at war? Maybe another tax cut and a further reduction to the helping of our poor is in order so we can go spend billions on bringing our 'Christian' notion of fair play to the world... Maybe we should bring loaves of bread and fish by the bushel with us.

yllus

Elite Member & Lifer
Aug 20, 2000
Saudi Arabia may buy your tanks and planes and smile in photos with your leaders, but they're not your ally.

AViking

Platinum Member
Sep 12, 2013
You seem to have a serious problem with anything that does not involve or lead to military confrontation.

WAR MONGER MUCH?!

Anarchist420

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2010
www.facebook.com
The typical, hate America mindset of liberalism is now having a strong impact on our global powers. They don't like America to be strong an dominate in the world. And the liar in chief has activity worked to take us out of influencing world policy.
if obama is so much like Drs. Paul, then why hasnt the former slashed military spending?

IronWing

No Lifer
Jul 20, 2001
Saudi Arabia may buy your tanks and planes and smile in photos with your leaders, but they're not your ally.
What! Just because the Saudis funded the folks who took down the WTC and fund violent, radical Islamic movements across the globe doesn't mean they aren't our friends to the end. If there is any one thing that makes me think the Dems and Reps are two peas in a pod it's the endless Presidential buttsucking of the House of Saud.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
You seem to have a serious problem with anything that does not involve or lead to military confrontation.

WAR MONGER MUCH?!

were did I advocating war mongering?

Obama is moving the USA towards becoming a wallflower. IMHO we gain nothing from that.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
You think we have business in Syria. We don't.

I think we have business everywhere.

You think we should live on an island.

If were not in Syria, and the Russians are, we are worse off then if its the other way around.

IGBT

Lifer
Jul 16, 2001
your obama is in way over his head. He has no idea what he's doing. But he's sooo smart.

MrPickins

Diamond Member
May 24, 2003
were did I advocating war mongering?

Obama is moving the USA towards becoming a wallflower. IMHO we gain nothing from that.

What we gain is fewer groups of people who want to see us taken down for asserting our influence in their affairs from halfway around the world.

AViking

Platinum Member
Sep 12, 2013
Alternatively we could just have a policy of imperialism where we swap out regimes through coups and military invasions. We'll just plant our own puppet regimes in countries of our choosing. I'm sure that will work our really well for us.

michal1980

Diamond Member
Mar 7, 2003
You're batshit crazy. We don't need to mind everyone else's business.

I'd rather be crazy then naïve and stupid like you.

Because you have to be naïve and stupid to think we should become isolationist and let Russian and Chinese influence fill in the vacuum of power left behind by Obama.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
If you believe that President Obama is being isolationist then you're just unaware of the Trans-Pacific Partnership

http://reason.com/archives/2013/11/16/the-tpp-obamas-dangerous-international-d

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2013/nov/13/wikileaks-trans-pacific-partnership-chapter-secret

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans-Pacific_Partnership

Foreign corporations would be able to sue the U.S. government if they feel regulations are hindering their profits according to opponents of the TPP

Additionally President Obama's administration has reached an agreement that will allow the U.S. to keep troops in Afghanistan in some capacity up until 2024 if this country feels the need to.

President Obama doesn't seem to be going isolationist at all.

====

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2012
obama is not an isolationist. He is an idiot and a war-monger. This is the same obama who intervened in Libya which was clearly un-Constitutional and he helped the radical Islamists gain control and then they attacked the US embassy.

This is also the same moron who wanted to attack Syria so he wouldn't like an even bigger idiot and coward and he wanted US troops to stay in Iraq longer. obama is many things but he is no isolationist.

Also Rand Paul isn't an isolationist because he still favors trading and diplomacy with other countries. North Korea is very isolationist since they are very cut off from the world.