Is Nvidia GTX 750 capable of 4k @ 60 hz over DisplayPort?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

AkumaX

Lifer
Apr 20, 2000
Thanks again for all replies.

Yes, it is DisplayPort I'm interested in. As previously mentioned, the EVGA GTX 750 has DP output: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-D...s=evga+itx+750.

It would be only a single monitor. Not used for gaming.

Sounds like the consensus is that it should be able to push 4k @ 60 hz via DisplayPort. Would be very curious to hear if anybody has actually done it though, because sometimes theory and practice do not align.

The technology required is DisplayPort 1.2 with MST

MST is basically separating the single cable into 2 separate displays (you can get DisplayPort splitters to increase the amount of multiple displays)

The monitor also has to support MST over DP as well (which this new generation of 4k 60hz TN/IPS do)

So in this case, the monitor (over DP w/ MST) will create 2 monitors, left and right, with each monitor being 1920x2160, for a combined 3840x2160.

Not sure if the EVGA GTX 750 w/ DP has MST. Research?

Ryan Smith

The New Boss
Staff member
Oct 22, 2005
www.anandtech.com
Thanks again for all replies.

Yes, it is DisplayPort I'm interested in. As previously mentioned, the EVGA GTX 750 has DP output: http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-GeForce-D...s=evga+itx+750.

It would be only a single monitor. Not used for gaming.

Sounds like the consensus is that it should be able to push 4k @ 60 hz via DisplayPort. Would be very curious to hear if anybody has actually done it though, because sometimes theory and practice do not align.
Confirming this works on the EVGA GTX 750 Ti FTW.:)

ShintaiDK

Lifer
Apr 22, 2012
I think you misread my post, sure the 750 can display 4K, but when you go and watch a 4K video, will it be smooth or jerky? On my older laptop it wouldn't play Netflix smoothly at 1080p, my new laptop does.

I have a 750Ti in my HTPC, it has a few limitations, but does the job for an HTPC task (and Steam Big Picture with a few games).

It will be smooth. And even haswell IGP can handle multiple 4K streams.

The products got full decode support.

DigDog

Lifer
Jun 3, 2011
im pretty sure you can watch HD video on a 750, just not play videogames.

why not get a 760, it doesnt cost that much more and will perform better.
or even *gasp* an ATI. (the horror!! the horror!)

Qwertilot

Golden Member
Nov 28, 2013
But why? If no gaming and it'll do everything else then less cost, heat, power etc.

Especially since even a 760 is going to badly struggle with 4k gaming. It'll be maybe two generations before that can be done in controlled fashion with something ~760 size.