Question Is my Seasonic Tx-850W going bad? Shutdown today once

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nj78

Dec 27, 2021
Hi dear users. I have had an problem today.

My pc:
10850K stock 4800mhz stock Kraken X73 good temps
2x16 GB DDR4 GSKILL 3000mhz XMP
Seasonic Tx-850 Ultra Titanium
Gigabyte Rtx 3090 Gaming OC
Aorus Z490 Pro Gaming
1 TB SSD

I bought machine and plugged in march 2021. No single issue,no reboots,no shutdowns. I played all games for many hours,no issues. Today…i launched Metro Exodus and after cinematic part pc just shutdown. I rebooted again and its fine again.

Happened when gpu load change from 0% to 99%.

My question is. It was psu issue or maybe other hardware?

I remember that when pc goes off ,pc case lights flickered once and monitor flickered. That not happens when i shutting down manually.

i am running now game and no shutdowns. Happened today once. Also i have pc until march 2021 and thats like today never happened.

Is psu going just bad,rma or what you recommend for me. Thank you :)

Jul 27, 2020
Can i have faulty pc part? Please dont ban me. I will lock topic myself after answer.
Oh dear. Please just answer this one question: Did you do the exact thing JonnyGuru told you:

Run Prime 95 with small FFTs on all cores. While that's running, run Furmark at 1080p with anti-aliasing set to 2x MSAA. While the donut is floating around. Hit the space bar a few times to make it disappear/reappear.

If your system passes this test, you are good. Stop worrying!

And if you are still not convinced, get a different brand PSU (maybe Corsair or EVGA) and run that for a while and see if anything bad happens. That's the best you can do.

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
You have said "last question" multiple times, so I am going to make this easy for you.

Thread is locked.

esquared
Anandtech Forum Director

Status
Not open for further replies.