Is my Radeon 8500 LE broken?

DeRusto

Golden Member
May 31, 2002
I noticed that lately my framerates and 3dmark score have gone down dramatically, from 8000 some to 5000 some in the latest version of 3dmark2k1.

I have no idea what is wrong, I have reformatted and still get the same problems..the drivers I am using now used to run things just fine, so I don't know if it is just bad drivers.

I am getting lower frame rates than my friend's Geforce2 MX400!! This is a problem:)

Any help would be appreciated.

tenoc

Golden Member
Jan 23, 2002
Are all the fans working on your system, especially the one on the video card?

That is a serious drop, if none of the settings (AA,resolution, etc) have changed.

Do you have some other card to put in so as to isolate system vs. video possibilities?

Is or was the card o/c'd?

DeRusto

Golden Member
May 31, 2002
I can try a Geforce2 GTS that I have, but that will have to wait until i can get to it. I also think it may be some issue with WinXP because I know it didnt do this in Win2k, but I am unsure of how long it ran under XP before this happened.

Edit: Almost forgot..all the fans are working fine..two front fans, one back exhaust, two in the psu, one in the side..of course, the vid cards works.. and the cpu too

DeRusto

Golden Member
May 31, 2002
Well, I have tried my GeForce2 now and it gets about the same frame rates in everything..except the Radeon does a bit better in some of the 3dmark tests..like fillrate.

I now think it may be a problem with WinXP and VIA. I will test this out now.

ASK THE COMMUNITY