Is my mouse shot?

edprush

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2000
For some reason the left-click button doesn't remain in the 'pressed-down' state.

The mouse tracks fine but when I try to highlight something or click and drag something, the mouse drops the item I'm dragging or it skips when highlighting.

Is the mouse shot or do I need to replace my rechargeable batteries?

Thanks.

spaceclamjr

Mar 22, 2006
try changing the batteries, or reinstalling the drivers
its possible the left click may have gone out, the mx700 is a bit old

edprush

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2000
I was under the wrong impression that I could only use rechargeable batteries in the MX700. But I see that I can use any AA batteries.

--------------------

I put new batteries in and the mouse is still having issues with the left-button.

Time for a new mouse.

PepperBreath

Sep 5, 2001
Coincedientally I'm having problems with my MX700 too. The left mouse button will double click when I only single click and sometimes it won't click at all. Plus, the wheel will double click too although it doesn't seem as bad as the left mouse button.

That stinks. I really liked the MX700 and just recently got my MX Duo keyboard working. :(

AznVenom

Oct 24, 2006
Same here - Been without it for almost a year now. As we speak it is still on the charging bay blinking red for some odd reason.

The problem started happening when I was gaming in CS and it would unload my whole clip of ammo. I took it apart thinking there was something to clean but nada and gave up hope on it for now.

Veno(V)

GuardianAsher

Aug 1, 2005
Wow, hearing these horror stories kind of scares me *hugs his MX700* No problems with it so far, and I got it used. But the batteries do need replacing. The rechargeables are shot.

And just out of curiosity, is the paint peeling off of your MX700s as well, or do I just have abnormally acidic sweaty hands?

edprush

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2000
The only place where the paint is coming off mine is where it rests in the charging cradle.

DNyholm

Jan 17, 2007
I have an MX1000 and I am having trouble with it charging and also sync-ing with the bluetooth. It also tends to lag behind occasionally and won't always charge on the docking station, i have to pick it up and put it down a number of times). I haven't been very happy with the purchase. I usually expect Logitech stuff to be decent (just got a new Harmony all-in-one remote for my livingroom and am extrmely happy), but this mouse has really been pissing me off!!!

Doh!

Platinum Member
Jan 21, 2000
Originally posted by: PepperBreath
Coincedientally I'm having problems with my MX700 too. The left mouse button will double click when I only single click and sometimes it won't click at all. Plus, the wheel will double click too although it doesn't seem as bad as the left mouse button.

That stinks. I really liked the MX700 and just recently got my MX Duo keyboard working. :(

That double-click problem is very popular for G7 according to a Logitech support tech. Maybe it's the same issue w/ MX700. Basically the problem is due to a contaminated sensor under the left button. I fixed mine by giving a WD-40 squirt through the gap (left side of the middle button). If you're not comfortable w/ using WD-40, just try using a aerosol cleaner or simply blow into it.

AznVenom

Oct 24, 2006
To give u guys an update ... the problem for my left 2x click was the batteries. I borrowed the same set of batteries from another MX700 and it fixed the problem. It re-ocurred again when the battery started dying.

So, try putting in some NiMH batteries rated max at 2000MaH to the OP and good luck with it.

Veno(V)

edprush

Platinum Member
Sep 18, 2000
I have resolved my MX700 button issue by blowing air under the button cover.