- Dec 16, 2020
So, I haven't been on my computer for 1-2 days and when I tried to turn it on last night, little sparks and smoke came out from my motherboard near my ram slots. I pull out the power plug right away and have left it sitting all night and my room no longer smells like a burning house. I can't see any form of burn marks on my motherboard but I can see some on the ram that was closest to the sparks (I can't remember how many times it sparked exactly but it was around 5-8 times before I was able to pull the power out). I'm wondering if my motherboard is dead or not and also what happened for it to spark and smoke.