Is mixing Nyquil (contains tylenol) with 600mg Ibuprofin tablets a safe idea?

stonecold3169

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
So, I'm dying of severe strep throat mixed with a nasty ear infection, and I'm taking Zpack, which has no issues with either tylenol or ibuprofin. I took some nyquil about 3 hours back, but man, the pain is killing me and is quite severe, and all I want to do is sleep!

From I've read, it's bad to mix Asprin and Ibuprofin, but I can't find ANYTHING on tylenol. anyone know? since they don't contain the sae active ingredient I'd assume I wouldn't OD, but it's hard to say. Anyone from the medical community help me out?

brxndxn

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2001
hit up webmd.com.. they usually show which drugs aren't safe to take with others..

be careful, cause some react terribly..

though, imo, I think you'd be fine taking them

stonecold3169

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
Wow, that webMD sit was nice. Says tylenol should be fine, just avoid other asprin family drugs cause they can cause heart and liver faiure. Looks like I'l be popping some pills and feeling better:-d

Taks guys

AdamDuritz99

Diamond Member
Mar 26, 2000
yah go for it. I would actually take the ibuprofen first wait 2 hrs and then take the nyquill. But what ever. Just don't OD on the acetaminophen (tylenol) -- that's bad.

peace
sean

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
tylenol is hardly going to fvck him up...i've mixed darvs, vikes, perks, and had a big night of drinking and was fine the next morning.

-=bmacd=-

stonecold3169

Platinum Member
Jan 30, 2001
Originally posted by: bmacd
tylenol is hardly going to fvck him up...i've mixed darvs, vikes, perks, and had a big night of drinking and was fine the next morning.

-=bmacd=-

I would KILL for some vike right about now, when I messed up my knee playing Lacrosse in highschool they gave me some and it was happy time. The ibprofen is leftover from a perscription from when I busted my foot up playing soccer, and is not nearly as potent.

duragezic

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
Originally posted by: stonecold3169

-=bmacd=-

I would KILL for some vike right about now, when I messed up my knee playing Lacrosse in highschool they gave me some and it was happy time. The ibprofen is leftover from a perscription from when I busted my foot up playing soccer, and is not nearly as potent.
Really, hydrocodone > NSAIDs? Who've thought?

iliopsoas

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001

-=bmacd=-

wow, you're so cool.

iliopsoas

Golden Member
Jul 14, 2001
Originally posted by: stonecold3169
So, I'm dying of severe strep throat mixed with a nasty ear infection, and I'm taking Zpack, which has no issues with either tylenol or ibuprofin. I took some nyquil about 3 hours back, but man, the pain is killing me and is quite severe, and all I want to do is sleep!

From I've read, it's bad to mix Asprin and Ibuprofin, but I can't find ANYTHING on tylenol. anyone know? since they don't contain the sae active ingredient I'd assume I wouldn't OD, but it's hard to say. Anyone from the medical community help me out?

DISCLAIMER: The following is not medical advice.

If you need more info, just call up your local pharmacist! They will be able to help you with questions related to medications.

Tylenol (also goes by generic name ACETAMINOPHEN) is safe to take with other NSAIDs (Aspirin, ibuprofen, indomethacin, etc etc).

Do not take more than 4 grams of acetaminophen a day from all combined sources. Some meds such as vicodin, percocet and nyquil contain acetaminophen. Toxic levels will kill your liver, leading to liver transplant or more likely death.

Taking too much NSAIDs can cause kidney failure or erosion of your stomach lining, leading to gastrointestinal bleeding.

A good approach would be to alternate acetaminophen and ibuprofen every 4 hours if you really need it.
Example:
acetaminophen now
ibuprofen in 4 hours
acetaminophen in 8 hrs
ibuprofen in 12 hours...etc etc.

bmacd

Lifer
Jan 15, 2001
Originally posted by: iliopsoas

-=bmacd=-

wow, you're so cool.

i hope it helps your self esteem thinking that you're better than me :)

-=bmacd=-

Jmmsbnd007

Diamond Member
May 29, 2002

-=bmacd=-
i told ui wuz hardcore