Is McCain still against ANWR drilling?

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Trying to find this out, has he addressed it since picking Palin (who vehemently supports it)?

Genx87

Lifer
Apr 8, 2002
This is one issue he is clearly wrong about and confusing none the less. He still supports the ban on ANWR but supports drilling off shore. I wish he would shit or get off the pot on this issue. Gives him the wishy washy claim of being for drilling while being for enviromentalism.

Palin is for both btw.

SP33Demon

Lifer
Jun 22, 2001
Originally posted by: Genx87
This is one issue he is clearly wrong about and confusing none the less. He still supports the ban on ANWR but supports drilling off shore. I wish he would shit or get off the pot on this issue. Gives him the wishy washy claim of being for drilling while being for enviromentalism.

Palin is for both btw.
Yeah, I checked his voting record on ANWR and he's always voted against drilling there. Yep I don't understand why he has an opposing view of Palin on this. :confused:

I think it's a logical stance to be against ANWR yet FOR offshore drilling, mainly because ANWR would only supply <18 months worth of oil for the U.S... stupid to even bother with IMO. Offshore, however, is estimated to yield a much larger supply.

CycloWizard

Lifer
Sep 10, 2001
The whole ANWR thing is just a political football. If the idiot politicians knew anything about how oil is drilled, they would know that the oil there could be removed without ever setting foot within the land of ANWR using directional drilling techniques. It was brought up by the R's to show how out of touch the D's and environmentalists are. Sure enough, they took the bait, demonstrating that both sides are idiots.

GTKeeper

Golden Member
Apr 14, 2005
I think the issue is not as much about the environment as it is about a false sense of security. If we drill ANWR and get the oil out nicely and safely what I am affraid will happen, is that gas prices will fall people will overconsume again and when the oil runs out (which it will, its not an endless supply in there) we will be right back at 4.00 a gallon. People don't understand that though so its only fair that the Repubs are for it, since most of the oil industry is their supporters.

Juddog

Diamond Member
Dec 11, 2006
Originally posted by: SP33Demon
Originally posted by: Genx87

Palin is for both btw.
Yeah, I checked his voting record on ANWR and he's always voted against drilling there. Yep I don't understand why he has an opposing view of Palin on this. :confused:

I think it's a logical stance to be against ANWR yet FOR offshore drilling, mainly because ANWR would only supply <18 months worth of oil for the U.S... stupid to even bother with IMO. Offshore, however, is estimated to yield a much larger supply.

He's a flip flopper, I'm sure his opinion will change when big Oil lines his pockets if he becomes president.