Is Mccain mean to his wife Cindy?

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I just got this feeling while watching ABC's morning show 9/17 with guest John Mccain and Cindy.
Cindy once said to a reporter she was "against" the reversal of Rov vs Wade.
When asked on ABC this morning, Mccain would not let Cindy answer.
Instead he answered for her, repeating he was for the reversal.

Again ABC they ask Cindy directly, and she would not answer. Instead she
defaulted to auto-mode saying "people are concerned about the economy, not abortion rights".
She never did comment directly to her earlier statement against Roe vs Wade reversal.

Then it hit me, hearing of Mccain's well known temper.
And Cindy's past history of substance abuse.

So I wonder.... how does he treat his wife in private?
What kind of a person is he, really? Do we know?

Why does Cindy not answer questions, when he is present, and her beliefs
differ from John's?
Very weird... Very telling???

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
Originally posted by: sportage
I just got this feeling while watching ABC's morning show 9/17 with guest John Mccain and Cindy.

defaulted to auto-mode saying "people are concerned about the economy, not abortion rights".
She never did comment directly to her earlier statement against Roe vs Wade reversal.

differ from John's?

:cookie:

Are you bored?

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
meh. she probably disagrees with her husband and didn't want to make political hay over it.

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
Text

Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you wise and beautiful woman." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: fallout man
Text

Three reporters from Arizona, on the condition of anonymity, also let me in on another incident involving McCain's intemperateness. In his 1992 Senate bid, McCain was joined on the campaign trail by his wife, Cindy, as well as campaign aide Doug Cole and consultant Wes Gullett. At one point, Cindy playfully twirled McCain's hair and said, "You're getting a little thin up there." McCain's face reddened, and he responded, "At least I don't plaster on the makeup like a trollop, you wise and beautiful woman." McCain's excuse was that it had been a long day. If elected president of the United States, McCain would have many long days.

that story is 100% meaningless with no one on record to confirm it.

ProfJohn

Lifer
Jul 28, 2006
I heard there is a video tape in which Michelle Obama goes on a rant against 'whitey'

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
I've worked with abused children back in the 1980's, and the behavior simularity stands out.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
There have been some evidence that McCain has called his wife a bitch at angry moments, but it somewhat strikes me as one of these family off limits moments. Maybe some voyeur may get his jollies speculating about a fly eye's view of McCain's bedroom, but don't count me in on it. I am worried about John McCain's stance on the issues, his wife is somewhat of a trivial side issue. Their marriage has stood a certain time test,
so they must have something mutually satisfactory worked out. And if they can stand each other, what business is it of ours?

cwjerome

Diamond Member
Sep 30, 2004
LOL, seriously... is this what passes for political discussion these days? I'm usually decent at avoiding these threads, but I think it's safe to say you won't catch me in a sportage created topic again :disgust:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
Originally posted by: loki8481

that story is 100% meaningless with no one on record to confirm it.

Just like every other one of your posts?

no one has ever backed up that story except the author who claims it's true and used it to get coverage for his book.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that in an election year, not one reporter in a room full of them would come forward to corroborate the allegation.

SilthDraeth

Platinum Member
Oct 28, 2003
Originally posted by: sportage

differ from John's?

This is all strictly my opinion.
I really can't comment on any of their private lives and whether they share the same opinion of how a marriage should work, as I do.

Frankly I believe speculating and accusing any of the candidates of anything weird in their private lives, and trying to dig around for information, screams to me that you are sick and twisted, and probably enjoy Jerry Springer, and reading tabloids.

None of this has anything to do with how the country will be ran.

Grunt03

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2000
I can't believe that she is afraid of that old fart, she could throw that fool across the room without much effort.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002
Being called a "wise and beautiful woman" repeatedly has an effect on your self-esteem. BTW, any reason why she's always on stage with him? Is she is official nurse or something?

fallout man

Golden Member
Nov 20, 2007
Originally posted by: Dari
Being called a "wise and beautiful woman" repeatedly has an effect on your self-esteem. BTW, any reason why she's always on stage with him? Is she is official nurse or something?

John doesn't carry a wallet with him.

Dari

Lifer
Oct 25, 2002

John doesn't carry a wallet with him.

:laugh:

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004

no one has ever backed up that story except the author who claims it's true and used it to get coverage for his book.

I find it incredibly hard to believe that in an election year, not one reporter in a room full of them would come forward to corroborate the allegation.

ranmaniac

Golden Member
May 14, 2001
I imagine all she has to do is shout in Vietnamese while banging a trash can while he tries to sleep to get him to cooperate.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: ranmaniac
I imagine all she has to do is shout in Vietnamese while banging a trash can while he tries to sleep to get him to cooperate.
That was MEAN! :laugh: :thumbsup:

Anyone find it hilarious that the Pugs are having to censor their own people. Fiorina got canned. Cindy can't open her mouth. Palin is telling all her employees to keep their mouths shut. Wasilla is playing badge politics, promoting Palin and stonewalling the truth.

Capt Caveman

Lifer
Jan 30, 2005
Originally posted by: jpeyton

Anyone find it hilarious that the Pugs are having to censor their own people. Fiorina got canned. Cindy can't open her mouth. Palin is telling all her employees to keep their mouths shut. Wasilla is playing badge politics, promoting Palin and stonewalling the truth.

No different than Obama having to let go a number of his folks from his campaign for saying stupid things themselves.

jpeyton

Moderator in SFF, Notebooks, Pre-Built/Barebones
Aug 23, 2003
Originally posted by: Capt Caveman
Originally posted by: jpeyton

No different than Obama having to let go a number of his folks from his campaign for saying stupid things themselves.
Yes, like his economic policy advisor who called Americans a nation of "whiners" in a "mental recession".

Wait...my bad...that was McCain's advisor Phil Gramm.

Skyclad1uhm1

Lifer
Aug 10, 2001
Originally posted by: ProfJohn
I heard there is a video tape in which Michelle Obama goes on a rant against 'whitey'

I heard that at one point there existed a Republican with an IQ over 50, but that that person has been dead for a long time now.

ericlp

Diamond Member
Dec 24, 2000

I think you missed the topic yet again. You do know how to read?

retrospooty

Platinum Member
Apr 3, 2002

You just dont give up do ya??? Tool

Back on topic. I get teh feeling McCain isnt very nice to alot of people. Temper problems.