Is life tough for "White Boys"?

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
I just read this article in Sports Illustrated article.

First four paragraphs:

"Look how white I am. Am I lame or what? Can't jump. Can't dance. Can't run. Can't dress. Can't hang.

It's O.K. I know I'm a pathetic White Guy. I'm at peace with it. In fact I laugh about it all the time. I have to. Black athletes today love to make fun of us White Guys.

Last week, for instance, boxer Mike Tyson had a little fun with white reporter Mark Malinowski at Tyson's press conference-cage match with Lennox Lewis. Grabbing his crotch and using his best prison vocabulary, Tyson challenged Malinowski to fight and then accused him of being "scared like a little white p----" because he wouldn't. In American trash talk today that's three put-downs in a row. Little. White. And p----.

Now if a white heavyweight grabbed his crotch and called a black reporter a "little black p----," he'd be spending the rest of his days playing Parcheesi with Al Campanis and Dan Issel. Nobody, though, demanded that Tyson apologize to Malinowski, least of all Malinowski."

So what do you guys think? I read this and I totally agree with what he was saying. It's kind of annoying how it's acceptable and how saying stuff like "all black people can run fast" is so racist. But then again, I guess can see how it's hard to have sympathy for "whites".

BTW, I'm not white :p ;)

notfred

Lifer
Feb 12, 2001
I wouldn't say that life is tough per se, but it is highly annoying that people can be pretty much as racist as they want towards us w/ no consequences.

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001
i read the article a few days ago, and i agree with it. i don't think life being tough is the right way to put it though...

StageLeft

No Lifer
Sep 29, 2000

<< I wouldn't say that life is tough per se, but it is highly annoying that people can be pretty much as racist as they want towards us w/ no consequences. >>

milagro

Golden Member
Jun 19, 2001
no..in general, life is and has been fine for us white boys....

<< Look how white I am. Am I lame or what? Can't jump. Can't dance. Can't run. Can't dress. Can't hang. >>

last time i checked I (and almost anyone not physically challenged) could do all of those---he's stereotyping himself..

pyonir

Lifer
Dec 18, 2001

<< no..in general, life is and has been fine for us white boys....

<< Look how white I am. Am I lame or what? Can't jump. Can't dance. Can't run. Can't dress. Can't hang. >>

last time i checked I (and almost anyone not physically challenged) could do all of those---he's stereotyping himself..
>>

ummm i think that was his intention. cause everyone stereotypes white dudes.

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
me-white hetero christian male = most hated people on earth
It suxs sometimes buy I can't get all pissy about it. I mean, everyone hates a whiner.
EDIT: The only thing that really pisses me off is being called "White Boy".

NikPreviousAcct

No Lifer
Aug 15, 2000

<< Attacking a majority is rarely seen as wrong. >>

Majority? Not where I live...

<< Is life tough for "White Boys"? >>

Try living in my neighborhood. I'll be moving at my earliest responsible chance.

Nik

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001
I think his White Boy as opposed to White Guy or Man is the best example of how deragotory the phrase is. Calling anyone a boy is a put down (unless you're under age :p)

LAUST

Diamond Member
Sep 13, 2000
It can be hard if your a pushover... screw that, don't care how big the guy is, if he's that big grab something if need be ;)

Braves

Banned
Dec 16, 2001
i loved that article when I read it in my free issue of SI (thanks hot deals :)) a couple weeks ago... i'm 100% taiwanese and get racist remarks torward me everyday, but then again I respond with equally racist remarks... these are all friends mind you, and i've been whitewashed as hell ever since I was a child. I understand that racism is bad and I'd never say the words I do say in public or to someone i wasn't friends with, but sometimes it's just funny to be spitting racist comments back at friends all day long :)

OneOfTheseDays

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2000
hahaha, throw in some ben folds five lyrics (rockin the suburbs)!! "I'm rockin the suburbs, just like Michael Jackson did, I'm rockin the suburbs except that he was talented" "Yall don't know what its like, to be male middle class and white"

Russ

Lifer
Oct 9, 1999
Oh yeah, life's real tough for us white boys.
rolleye.gif

Russ, NCNE

tweakmm

Lifer
May 28, 2001

<< hahaha, throw in some ben folds five lyrics (rockin the suburbs)!! "I'm rockin the suburbs, just like Michael Jackson did, I'm rockin the suburbs except that he was talented" "Yall don't know what its like, to be male middle class and white" >>

That's ben folds, and I already did ;)

MacBaine

Banned
Aug 23, 2001
That's what really pisses me of... Black peopel seem to be able to say anything to a white person, and no matter how derogatory it may be, nobody seems to care. A whte person says the smallest little thing to a black person, perhaps not even intending for it to be insulted, and it's "Oh he is such a racist" and everybody demands he apologizes. It is a terrible double standard which nobody seems to care about... :|

azazyel

Diamond Member
Oct 6, 2000
Long Beach Dub All-Stars

<< way back in junior high i could have sworn my name was white boy there was all types of ill sh!t going down between gangsters, punks and cholos, haitians, asians or insane ussos well ive got friends black white yellow red and brown >>

iamme

Lifer
Jul 21, 2001

<< i loved that article when I read it in my free issue of SI (thanks hot deals :)) >>

Me too :D

spidey07

No Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
It is pretty tough, we don't have any special laws protecting us or guarnteeing we get work/contracts or guarnteeing scholarships or guarnteeing equal housing or guarnteeing you can't be fired or guarnateeing you have to have a promotion. That and living in a poor pitiful me...now gimme some money society.

Doesn't matter much though, I've made a pretty good name/living for myself without these racist laws "protecting" me.