Is Judy Steinberg Dean making a difference?

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Or is Dean re-surging because folks are re-thinking Kerry's vote for the war resolution or, perhaps you could tell me what I should think? :)

I think his wife is making a difference! She is diffident, smart, and appealing in a geeky sort of way. I also have a lot of respect for her, not baking cookies and all. :) :) :) (Don't even go there. I loathe HC.)

-Robert

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: chess9
Or is Dean re-surging because folks are re-thinking Kerry's vote for the war resolution or, perhaps you could tell me what I should think? :)

I think his wife is making a difference! She is diffident, smart, and appealing in a geeky sort of way. I also have a lot of respect for her, not baking cookies and all. :) :) :) (Don't even go there. I loathe HC.)

-Robert

Nah not really. Dean has his support and it will remain constant, as its not going to grow with independents/conservatives and not going to go away with his ardent idealistic supporters. Kerry got a wave following Iowa but that support is not set or anything, hence you see some rethinking. Still expect to see Kerry win handily but of course I could be wrong, just my opinion.

I thought he didn't want to use his wife as a campaign prop. Guess not.

Jan 12, 2003
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK

Dean has his support and it will remain constant

Really? ...seems he just lost support from the DNC Hispanic caucus.

"The Monday speech lost Dean the endorsement of Alvaro Cifuentes, the chairman of the Democratic National Committee's Hispanic caucus.

"I have been struggling for the past 48 hours with the performance I saw on TV. I instinctively turned it off after the first few minutes. I respectfully withdraw my present endorsement to Dean's candidacy," Cifuentes wrote in e-mail to the Dean campaign."

Dragnov

Diamond Member
Apr 24, 2001
Originally posted by: xxxxxJohnGaltxxxxx
Originally posted by: Gr1mL0cK

Dean has his support and it will remain constant

Really? ...seems he just lost support from the DNC Hispanic caucus.

"The Monday speech lost Dean the endorsement of Alvaro Cifuentes, the chairman of the Democratic National Committee's Hispanic caucus.

"I have been struggling for the past 48 hours with the performance I saw on TV. I instinctively turned it off after the first few minutes. I respectfully withdraw my present endorsement to Dean's candidacy," Cifuentes wrote in e-mail to the Dean campaign."

Is he voting in the NH primary? Are there many hispanics in NH? Really, I mean the ordinary people who support aren't really going to change their mind. Those who have changed thier minds were either still sizing up the candidates still, or were more than likely just jumping on the what seemed popular bandwagon and got off it now.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Well, this is certainly going to be an interesting primary. Will Clark and Lieberman be counted out if neither finishes in the top 3? I can see Clark dropping out, but I bet Lieberman stays in for quite awhile so that he can get his views across to more people.

-Robert

DanJ

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 1999
Originally posted by: chess9
Well, this is certainly going to be an interesting primary. Will Clark and Lieberman be counted out if neither finishes in the top 3? I can see Clark dropping out, but I bet Lieberman stays in for quite awhile so that he can get his views across to more people.

-Robert
If Lieberman doesn't place in the N.H. primary he'll drop out. He doesn't have the cash flow to continue. Clark would probably try his luck for a bit longer to see how the Southern primaries goes.

So in conclusion, come Wednesday, Lieberman is out.

chess9

Elite member
Apr 15, 2000
Really? Sheezh.... I'm actually a bit disappointed at that news. Joe has a great sense of humor and I agree with him on a whole raft of issues...except the war. :) I thought he still had a good bit of money left.

Clark should leave the race. I have reached the conclusion that he will not appeal to the base of the Democratic Party because he will be seen as an opportunist-an Elephant who looks like a jackass. :) :) :) (Oh, good grief, the right wingers will love that!)

-Robert