Is John Bolton next to go..

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Aug 1, 2006
Originally posted by: Genx87
Originally posted by: Steeplerot
Originally posted by: Uhtrinity
Controversial U.N. ambassador to step down

WASHINGTON (AP) -- Unable to win Senate confirmation, U.N. Ambassador John Bolton will step down when his temporary appointment expires within weeks, the White House said Monday.

Best news of the week, now hopefully we can start to clean up this mess we have made of our image asap.

Translation: Stick head in sand and start kissing ass as much as possible.

This Bolton issue is one of the biggest pieces of fluff I have seen come through this press and the left in recent memory. Predictions of doom and gloom. The guy has been there for quite some time, never hear about him until the democrats win, then it is time to pull the boogeyman out of the closet.

Right. Your little tyrant Bush sticks him in office over the objections of even some Republicans (the honest ones) and he's just a boogeyman pulled out now? Talk about having your head in the sand. Yes, you do. :p

Thump553

Lifer
Jun 2, 2000
I'm glad to see Hopalong Cassidy aka John Bolton gone, but to his credit he seems to have curbed his behavior sharply during his recess appointment. But without the threat of a pending Senate confirmation ahead of him, who knows how he would have acted?

My morning paper mentioned Lincoln Chafee as one of the possible replacements for Bolton. I doubt this would happen (Chafee is part of the nearly extinct moderate GOP wing, and was strongly opposed to Bolton, the GWB neocons strongly supported a right wing opponent to him in the GOP primary) but that would be great for America if it happened-and would at least give GWB some pretense at actually reaching across the isle.

Lemon law

Lifer
Nov 6, 2005
Ah yes---therein lies the rub---who will replace Bolton?---with GWB having a seeming endless supply of nut cases as bad as Bolton---or maybe a totally unqualified ex-frat brother
of Bush or Cheney---decisions decisions---who will the decider decide on---its hard---really hard to reach down all the way to the bottom of the barrel---and find someone who will manage to offend everyone---making Bush a uniter--not a divider.