is it wrong to have 3 finals in a day at a UC?

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
is it wrong to have 3 finals in a day at a UC? I've talked to my professors but they won't let me take it earlier.

So on Friday of finals week, I have one test at 8-11, one at 1130-230, and one from 3-6. Is there some rule that doesn't allow this? I'm gonna die that day.

oh yea, got one Thursday morning too.

FrogDog

Diamond Member
Jan 12, 2000
That's not allowed at my school. We have a day at the end set aside for people who have to move one of their exams because their schedule happened like that.

Koing

Elite Member <br> Super Moderator<br> Health and F
Oct 11, 2000
Originally posted by: fumbduck
thats a big bummer dude, kill your professors?

Dam man I feel for you :(

Good luck.

Koing

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
Originally posted by: RagingBITCH
Been there. Spread your studying out.

im sick and tired of having these finals all clumped together. last quarter i had two on thursday, two on friday. the quarter before that (spring), i had two on tuesday and two on wednesday. now THAT killed me, cuz it was so early in the week.

on, not to mention that my midterms also get clumped together like this.

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
Originally posted by: Imdmn04
Look on the bright side, you get all your sh!t done in a single day.

all on a friday though. last day of finals week.

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
Originally posted by: FrogDog
That's not allowed at my school. We have a day at the end set aside for people who have to move one of their exams because their schedule happened like that.

:beer: for Canada.

Sukhoi

Elite Member
Dec 5, 1999
Here are UIUC we are allowed to take a conflict final if we have three finals in a row.

Bassyhead

Diamond Member
Nov 19, 2001
Originally posted by: FrogDog

mine, too. 2 exams max per day, you get to have any more than 2 moved to a different (usually later) date.

Rufio

Banned
Mar 18, 2003
i'veh ad that many times as an EE. :(

at least you know way in advance!! so start studying!!!!!!!!

i would base my schedule for the quarter not only on class times, but finals time.

i loved having my finals finish early on finals week, because u have so much timeto screw around and make fun of your friends!!!!

Rickten

Golden Member
Apr 17, 2001
I'm pretty sure for all UC's that you don't have to do that. I had similiar situation with three on one day and none of my professors would budge. Finally went and talked to my advisor she gave me some forms and I went and told my teacher he would have to have my final ready early. Then he got all bitchy asking who my professors were and that he was going to call them to make sure I wasn't lying and if I was there would be serious consequences. Long story short I took the final early.

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
i wonder if your professor would make your final harder than the other ones cuz u pissed him off.

SubZeroX

Oct 24, 2001
hmm, the most I've ever had was 2 finals in 1 day and that was a killer. And I only did that coz I really had no choice. You really should've been smarter when you scheduled your classes.

I think you be excused and take one of them later. A friend of mine did this @ UCLA. She had 3 finals, and the professor of one of her classes let her take one of them on another day. You should talk to your professors.

Good luck.

Wuffsunie

Platinum Member
May 4, 2002
Dude, that sucks! I know that were I go if you're in that situation they let you move one (usually the middle) and take it at another time.

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
reschedule them..talk to any of those three, i'm sure at least one will reschedule it for you. i've had this happen b4 and I was able to reschedule a final.

btw i attend ucsd as well..

however, my other friend wasn't so lucky...he had to take 3 finals in our freshman year..i saw him in the morning (we had the same humanities final)..and saw him after dinner when he was done....he looked like a zombie...but he was done for the rest of the week.

what classes are these for anyway??
EDIT:

lol i snooped over to your website...and i'm assuming you're a smart 2nd year, or a regular 3rd year student :p
econ1A = bs
cse140 = pretty easy ..i'm an EE major and i took a similar class. My roommates already took that class last year and I helped them w/ it.
cse140L = i saw my friends go through quite a bit of work on this one i think..unless i'm getting it mixed up w/ their compiler class...
cse105 = hmm it's my cs friends' favorite class by far...they took it w/ ease since it was interesting
econ172A= i donno..hehehe

so yeah, you have a bunched up schedule there....i probably have to just say ..good luck dude... i'm sure you can handle it man...i've seen my friends suffer and pull through..and they're all lazy pieces of crap lol

fr

Diamond Member
Oct 10, 1999
I had three finals on a Monday. Pretty much the same schedule as yours. None of mine took the entire 3 hours though so I had time to prepare for the next one.

2cool4u

Sep 19, 2001
Originally posted by: gwlam12
is it wrong to have 3 finals in a day at a UC? I've talked to my professors but they won't let me take it earlier.

So on Friday of finals week, I have one test at 8-11, one at 1130-230, and one from 3-6. Is there some rule that doesn't allow this? I'm gonna die that day.

oh yea, got one Thursday morning too.

As my organic chem professor says "SUCK IT UP" :D but i feel ur pain, i had the same thing freshman year and on my birthday!!!!

gwlam12

Diamond Member
Apr 4, 2001
Originally posted by: DanTMWTMP
reschedule them..talk to any of those three, i'm sure at least one will reschedule it for you. i've had this happen b4 and I was able to reschedule a final.

btw i attend ucsd as well..

however, my other friend wasn't so lucky...he had to take 3 finals in our freshman year..i saw him in the morning (we had the same humanities final)..and saw him after dinner when he was done....he looked like a zombie...but he was done for the rest of the week.

what classes are these for anyway??
EDIT:

lol i snooped over to your website...and i'm assuming you're a smart 2nd year, or a regular 3rd year student :p
econ1A = bs
cse140 = pretty easy ..i'm an EE major and i took a similar class. My roommates already took that class last year and I helped them w/ it.
cse140L = i saw my friends go through quite a bit of work on this one i think..unless i'm getting it mixed up w/ their compiler class...
cse105 = hmm it's my cs friends' favorite class by far...they took it w/ ease since it was interesting
econ172A= i donno..hehehe

so yeah, you have a bunched up schedule there....i probably have to just say ..good luck dude... i'm sure you can handle it man...i've seen my friends suffer and pull through..and they're all lazy pieces of crap lol

haha, thanks. those are out of date; those are from last quarter. now i know to update them.

im now in:

chin 12 (lots of time spent in memorizing characters)
ece 53A (lots of time spent on lab)
cse 100 (terrible professor, lots of time spent programming)
econ 172b (decent professor).

im not sure how hard the finals will be. i just know it wont be pretty.

opticalmace

Golden Member
Oct 22, 2003
At our school if you have 3 exams within a 24-hour period you can complain and they'll bump one for you.