IS IT WORTH WAITING FOR NEHALEM

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Cheex

Diamond Member
Jul 18, 2006
Well, I should be getting a P45/X48 sometime soon unless something changes but we'll see how it goes. I really am thinking about a Q6600 now though.
$180 OEM, slap my Tuniq Tower 120 on it and go crazy....:D

Maybe in a month or so I'll get one for $170. I don't think I'll be ready before then.

harpoon84

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2006
Originally posted by: Viditor
If you go to the original at Expreview, you will see that they never say that the "roadmap" is actually from Intel...
It has Expreview slapped across it for a reason...

Well, all hardware sites are indicating a September launch with 3 SKUs. This may have stemmed from the same original source, or there may be multiple sources, who knows. The bottom line is that all the major hardware sites are reporting the same thing.

If you are so convinced they are wrong, why don't you explain to us all the real launch details of Nehalem. ;)

aigomorla

CPU, Cases&Cooling Mod PC Gaming Mod Elite Member
Super Moderator
Sep 28, 2005
Originally posted by: Hugh H

Nah... a 2.66Ghz and a 2.93Ghz Nehalems (Bloomfield) will be available this fall along with the extreme chip. They will all be the same socket LGA 1366, which is considered the high-end one. The more mainstream chips and sockets will be the LGA 1160s, available in 2009.

Check the latest Intel roadmap:

http://www.dvhardware.net/article27862.html

hehe..

your talking to someone that has a.. actually nm.

i'll let you guys pour more gas over this bon fire. Its getting funny on what you guys speculate.

Viditor

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
Originally posted by: harpoon84
If you go to the original at Expreview, you will see that they never say that the "roadmap" is actually from Intel...

Well, all hardware sites are indicating a September launch with 3 SKUs. This may have stemmed from the same original source, or there may be multiple sources, who knows. The bottom line is that all the major hardware sites are reporting the same thing.

If you are so convinced they are wrong, why don't you explain to us all the real launch details of Nehalem. ;)

No reason to blame me just cause I won't drink that KoolAid...;)

I haven't found a reputable site yet that is predicting the 3 SKUs for desktop in Sept.
Just so we keep things in perspective, remember other times when "all hardware sites" predicted something...
This one was pronounced gospel by almost everyone, even though VRZone flat out made it up.

This was also believed by everyone in the forums here...

dmens

Platinum Member
Mar 18, 2005

I haven't found a reputable site yet that is predicting the 3 SKUs for desktop in Sept.
Just so we keep things in perspective, remember other times when "all hardware sites" predicted something...
This one was pronounced gospel by almost everyone, even though VRZone flat out made it up.

no you just drink another flavor of koolaid... as i recall you totally fell for the AMD 45nm ramp in H1'08 statement from dirk meyer, as well as the mid-08 launch date. so much for that.

harpoon84

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2006
Originally posted by: dmens

no you just drink another flavor of koolaid... as i recall you totally fell for the AMD 45nm ramp in H1'08 statement from dirk meyer, as well as the mid-08 launch date. so much for that.

http://forums.anandtech.com/me...y&keyword1=predictions

Viditor on K10...
clock for clock, 25% faster than Conroe and 20% faster than Penryn...

Hook. Line. Sinker. I wonder what koolaid caused that? ;)

So viditor, what site qualifies as 'reputable' under your eyes? Obviously http://DigitimesDigitimes doesn't make the cut...

bradley

Diamond Member
Jan 9, 2000
Originally posted by: aigomorla

hehe..

your talking to someone that has a.. actually nm.

i'll let you guys pour more gas over this bon fire. Its getting funny on what you guys speculate.

Just curious, but who holds the NDA? I remember you saying it belonged to a friend, who you had visited. However, you recently stated it was yours. And under what capacity did you obtain and sign such an agreement? Companies often don't give away proprietary information to anybody, especially if doesn't hold any benefit for them.

Otherwise, I've come to know nothing is worth as much as an official word of statement. And I'll certainly believe it all when I see it, especially the pricing info.

Viditor

Diamond Member
Oct 25, 1999
So viditor, what site qualifies as 'reputable' under your eyes? Obviously http://DigitimesDigitimes doesn't make the cut...

Anandtech and ArsTechnica...

BTW, as I have said many times, I make mistakes...
Also, that Digitimes blurb is a good example of what NOT to take as gospel. They don't even hint at who their sources could be.

zsdersw

Lifer
Oct 29, 2003

Indeed.. which is why it's not entirely sensible for you to be so adamant that it won't turn out as others are saying this time around.

harpoon84

Golden Member
Jul 16, 2006
Anandtech and ArsTechnica...

Also, that Digitimes blurb is a good example of what NOT to take as gospel. They don't even hint at who their sources could be.

Originally scheduled to launch in November or December this year, Intel's Nehalem-based Bloomfield processors will now launch in September along with X58 chipsets, sources at motherboard makers have revealed.

ODYSSEUSXYZ

Aug 15, 2008
hmm how much will the Nehalems cost when they first come owt will they be ultra high like 1 thousand bucks or will they be lik 500 bucks

Idontcare

Elite Member
Oct 10, 1999

Sad but so true. But just think about how much more time we'd have to spend with our families if there weren't random roadmap's out there for us to bitch about here on the forums! (shudders)

And yeah, regarding "Extreme SKU only" versus "multiple SKU's released this fall" I think the QX9650 from last fall is a decent release model to look for Intel to repeat.

I expect we'll see 3.2GHz extreme i7 released first for the desktop, in addition to 3-5 XEON SKU's. Then maybe 2-3 months later we'll see the desktop gain more SKU's which just like the Q9450 will be mostly in dire shortage and unavailable for most people for months more.