Is it worth upgrading my 560Ti, and what to?

carling220

Dec 16, 2011
Hi there,

I did a lot of research almost 2 years ago and plumped for my I5 2500K with q 560ti gpu. I can run most things max, a few things I have to turn down such as big battle scenes in Crysis 2 etc.

Was considering treating myself and upgrading it. I think i'm correct in assuming here, it will be the 560ti, not the 2500k, being the weak link of my gaming performance?

I've looked around and was considering whether a gtx 670 was the way to go? With regard to how much versus performance upgrade? I'll continue to read up. Everything has completely changed in the time since I bought my rig.

Are there any games around the corner that might require some more power than a 560? I don't want to upgrade if there's no need. As of now, I can play everything I need very well.

I was wondering if i'd need a new card to completely max out the new Batman next month. Any info appreciated!

XiandreX

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2011
Hi there,

I did a lot of research almost 2 years ago and plumped for my I5 2500K with q 560ti gpu. I can run most things max, a few things I have to turn down such as big battle scenes in Crysis 2 etc.

Was considering treating myself and upgrading it. I think i'm correct in assuming here, it will be the 560ti, not the 2500k, being the weak link of my gaming performance?

I've looked around and was considering whether a gtx 670 was the way to go? With regard to how much versus performance upgrade? I'll continue to read up. Everything has completely changed in the time since I bought my rig.

Are there any games around the corner that might require some more power than a 560? I don't want to upgrade if there's no need. As of now, I can play everything I need very well.

I was wondering if i'd need a new card to completely max out the new Batman next month. Any info appreciated!

Give us your budget and we can help you. Is your 2500k overclocked? If not you need to seriously invest in that option to combine with a new video card which is definately the weak spot in your current setup.

Depending on budget I would suggest either 7950 or 760/770 depending on budget or wait until new AMD cards come out in the not too distant future.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
not sure where you are from bud,but there some cracking deals going on at the mo 7950/670 etc.maybe wait a month?hmm as above poster said budget....

Last edited:

carling220

Dec 16, 2011
From the UK. Not really got a budget. I'm more concerned with increased performance/price/future proof. Finding the best balance. I guess I don't want to spend over sya £250 in reality though if I consider it.

I.e. If I pick up a 760, is that cost worth the performance over my 560, or will the price drop next month or so if something comes out! I'm very out with the time frame for these cards which seem to evolve almost monthly!

Also my 2500k is bone stock. I bought it as a future proof. Idea was in a couple years, upgrade GPU and overclock the 2500K so lengthen my rigs life time.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Before toyota hits me with a big stick what rez are you running dude?whats your plans

carling220

Dec 16, 2011
I run in 1920x1080. Plans just to upgrade my GPU within the next month and then maybe OC the CPU. Looking forward to the new Batman.

Toyota? At work then you mean lol?

voodoo7817

Oct 22, 2006
I have a 560ti and am waiting for a year or so (at least that's then plan). I want to have some more information about the specs needed to run Star Citizen at 1440p before I buy something new for $250+.

However, that means this will be a tough year running the 560ti at 1440p though and if I hit a wall in anything then perhaps I'll upgrade sooner. I've decided to focus on older games in my Steam catalog.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Nice price on that 670 pe.out of those cards linked that is what i would go for.if only they could release at these prices:p

Mondozei

Golden Member
Jul 7, 2013
Wait for the new 9000-series to come out from AMD, this October, so only a year from now.
Nvidia is back in Q1 2014 with their 800-series.

I'd advise you to wait at least 6 more months. No major games will come out that will require a massive update.
BF4, for example, will be able to be run on medium/high with your current GPU.

Zanovar

Diamond Member
Jan 21, 2011
Wait for the new 9000-series to come out from AMD, this October, so only a year from now.
Nvidia is back in Q1 2014 with their 800-series.

I'd advise you to wait at least 6 more months. No major games will come out that will require a massive update.
BF4, for example, will be able to be run on medium/high with your current GPU.

delete

Last edited:

Deders

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2012
Hi there,

The 560TI is still holding it's own but I upgraded to a 670 and reaped huge performance rewards. For instance before the upgrade I could just about run Arkham City with high PhysX and FXAA enabled. Overclocking my CPU allowed me to get 30+fps. Now I average 60fps and that's with at least 16QxAA, maybe even 32x (will have to go home to be sure)

It will go a long way to getting a better experience in the Origins. Crysis 3 is much smoother too.

Teizo

Golden Member
Oct 28, 2010
I was in the same boat as you with my 460 I decided to get MSI's 760 and the performance gain was well worth imo.