Is it worth paying $.35 for a gallery picture on Ebay?

Kyanzes

Golden Member
Aug 26, 2005
Depends. If you are selling a beach house in Florida or a Bentley Continental then sure, it's priceless. To sell a HDD though, it doesn't seem to be justified. What do you want to sell?

Cloud Strife

Banned
Aug 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Kyanzes
Depends. If you are selling a beach house in Florida or a Bentley Continental then sure, it's priceless. To sell a HDD though, it doesn't seem to be justified. What do you want to sell?

PDA/Phone ~$450.

waggy

No Lifer
Dec 14, 2000
as kyanzes said unless it is something really nice then no. if its a game or HDD or such why bother?

Cloud Strife

Banned
Aug 12, 2006
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
You are debating the merits of spending thirty five cents?

If it does no help, why bother? I'm just woundering if having a pic in search listings really promotes your item.

Leros

Lifer
Jul 11, 2004
Originally posted by: Astaroth33
You are debating the merits of spending thirty five cents?

If you selling 1000 items at a time and you only sell 100 of them (which is a business model on ebay used by a lot of people), it adds up fast.

SVT Cobra

Lifer
Mar 29, 2005
I usually only click on the ones that have the picture when I am buying something and there are a lot of them.

So I say yes.

Adam8281

Platinum Member
May 28, 2003
When I'm looking to buy, I usually click first on links that have a picture. Thus, when I sell, I have started using gallery in the assumption that there are a lot of people out there like me.

Mellman

Diamond Member
Jul 9, 2003
Originally posted by: Adam8281
When I'm looking to buy, I usually click first on links that have a picture. Thus, when I sell, I have started using gallery in the assumption that there are a lot of people out there like me.

same....it depends on the item, if there are a ton of what you're selling, yours blends in w/o a pic. and dont be a cheap arse and use a pic from the website, take ACTUAL pics....

polypterus

Golden Member
Jan 14, 2001
eBay defaults to showing only gallery items first, then items without pictures after those. You can change it to list view (I would guess everyone here does), but newbies and grandmas probably don't, so if you don't have a gallery pic they are not going to see it unless they go through all the pages of gallery items first to get to the non gallery items. So yes, unfortunately it is "worth it," although it shouldn't be.

Shawn

Lifer
Apr 20, 2003
YES. I usually click on auctions that have gallery images over ones that don't.

RossMAN

Grand Nagus
Feb 24, 2000
Put yourself in the buyers shoes.

Would you feel more comfortable bidding on auction with pictures of the PDA/phone?

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Yes. Its eye catching and with 100s or 1000s of other listings to look at, it might come down to not being noticed for lack of a .35 pic. Even atheists know that.

MWink

Diamond Member
Oct 9, 1999
I think it's one of the best options on Ebay as long as you are posting an ACTUAL pic of the item and not a stock photo. I know when I'm browsing, I'm much more likely to click on an item with a non-stock gallery photo.

Paulson

Elite Member
Feb 27, 2001
www.ifixidevices.com
I don't even look at an item unless it has a gallery picture...

I'm scanning through a crapload of products and a gallery picture gives me the idea that you put in a little extra time and money to get your item noticed.

I notice gallery pictures a lot more than I notice non-gallery pictures.