Is it wise to order like 9 Archos AV500s?

DeviousTrap

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2002
No, unless you have a surefire method that guarantees that you'll be able to get rid of them for more than you paid.

Safeway

Lifer
Jun 22, 2004
I'd say no ... but that kid crying about OU is fricken' hilarious. I busted out laughing when I saw him on live TV.

fuzzybabybunny

Moderator<br>Digital & Video Cameras
Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Safeway
I'd say no ... but that kid crying about OU is fricken' hilarious. I busted out laughing when I saw him on live TV.

:confused:

AnyMal

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I'll say, no. Pricegrabber is only good if you're shopping online. If you intend to resell then check out eBay, but not BIN or starting bids, but actual completed auctions. A quick search indicates that it won't be profitable.

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: AnyMal
I'll say, no. Pricegrabber is only good if you're shopping online. If you intend to resell then check out eBay, but not BIN or starting bids, but actual completed auctions. A quick search indicates that it won't be profitable.

Man, some eBay sellers are really frustrating me. I'm thinking they're getting their stuff off of woot and they're selling these things and probably making $10-$20 on each sale... I mean if you're only going to be making that much per sale, why bother? They're destroying the market for everyone else to boot.

ElFenix

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Mar 20, 2000

i wasn't aware woot was longhorn fans

:laugh:

Where are you guys located?
In the hearts of gadget-loving skinflints everywhere, which happens to be just outside Dallas, Texas.

HopJokey

Platinum Member
May 6, 2005
Originally posted by: ElFenix

i wasn't aware woot was longhorn fans

:laugh:
Heh, they are headquartered in Dallas, Texas.

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004
Originally posted by: fuzzybabybunny

Man, some eBay sellers are really frustrating me. I'm thinking they're getting their stuff off of woot and they're selling these things and probably making $10-$20 on each sale... I mean if you're only going to be making that much per sale, why bother? They're destroying the market for everyone else to boot.

$20 per sale is a good profit, and why should they care about the market for everyone else?

Where exactly were you going to resell them?

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: tfinch2

$20 per sale is a good profit, and why should they care about the market for everyone else?

$20 profit on a $300 player is not what I'd consider good, especially since I used to make $100 on each Rebel XT that I used to sell. The cheapest price in online stores is $350, and on eBay there are people selling this for $300... if they'd price their players at $340 including shipping they'd still sell the players with no problem and get more profit than just a measely $20.

The same thing happens on half.com. People are selling their $150 textbooks for $30, which kills the market for everyone and harms themselves to boot :roll:

tfinch2

Lifer
Feb 3, 2004

$20 profit on a $300 player is not what I'd consider good, especially since I used to make $100 on each Rebel XT that I used to sell. The cheapest price in online stores is $350, and on eBay there are people selling this for $300... if they'd price their players at $340 including shipping they'd still sell the players with no problem and get more profit than just a measely $20.

The same thing happens on half.com. People are selling their $150 textbooks for $30, which kills the market for everyone and harms themselves to boot :roll:

So based off your logic, woot is ruining the market too, and is hurting themselves by selling for even less than people on ebay are selling for.

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006

So based off your logic, woot is ruining the market too, and is hurting themselves by selling for even less than people on ebay are selling for.

Not at all. They don't sell the AV500 at that price all the time, which is key. They mess the market up for like a day (after they sell out) and then it's back to normal.

TheTony

Golden Member
Jun 23, 2005
Originally posted by: fuzzybabybunnyPeople are selling their $150 textbooks for $30, which kills the market for everyone and harms themselves to boot :roll:

So people shouldn't sell their books and recoup some of the (often ridiculous) cost while giving someone an opportunity to pay a sane price?

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: TheTony
Originally posted by: fuzzybabybunnyPeople are selling their $150 textbooks for $30, which kills the market for everyone and harms themselves to boot :roll:

So people shouldn't sell their books and recoup some of the (often ridiculous) cost?

:confused: I'm not saying that people shouldn't sell their textbooks... I'm saying that they should sell their textbooks for more than just $30...

CTrain

Diamond Member
Sep 26, 2001
I had finally made up my mind to get one after about 2hrs worth of researching and the new product came one.

Xyo II

Platinum Member
Oct 12, 2005

So people shouldn't sell their books and recoup some of the (often ridiculous) cost?

:confused: I'm not saying that people shouldn't sell their textbooks... I'm saying that they should sell their textbooks for more than just $30...

the thing is, when someone really wants to get rid of it, they price theirs lower...... and then others see that price, and try to beat it. and this all happens until the average price is substantially lower.

fuzzybabybunny

Jan 2, 2006
Originally posted by: Xyo II

the thing is, when someone really wants to get rid of it, they price theirs lower...... and then others see that price, and try to beat it. and this all happens until the average price is substantially lower.

Yeah :(

There are even people selling $70 textbooks for $5. $5!

Let's see... $5 - $7 for shipping and packing materials + $4 for half.com shipping reimbursement = $2 that the seller gets back from a $70 book. Absolutely rediculous...