Is it true Obama will win the election by landslide?

chucky2

Lifer
Dec 9, 1999
No they won't agree. But Yes, Obama is going to win, in a landslide in some areas, and enough in others to outright win. Romney is as an uninspiring candidate as Gore and Kerry were. We're stuck with Obama for another 4 simply because the Rep base is as constrained to Jesus as the Dem base is constrained to, well, the multitude of idiocy under their big tent. That and the Rep's don't want to field a candidate that is going to pilot the sinking ship further down the sh1t river.

Obama supporters should rejoice: If the older left leaning Justices are smart, they'll retire and Obama will get young ones in that'll be there for a long time.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
I doubt it will be a "landslide", there are a lot of people that are very disappointed in Obama, I don't think he'll get the ground swell like he did last time, his appeal has diminished exponentially especially since the economy is no better off after almost four year. Unforunately the GOP has put forth nothing but lunatics, so C'est la vie.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Depends on how he manages his OCT war.

Hopefully he will loose in a massive landslide, war or no war.

blankslate

Diamond Member
Jun 16, 2008
http://www.burntorangereport.com/dia...p-in-the-polls I keep hearing from general public that no one takes Romney/Ryan seriously. Is this true? I know P&N can get very biased, but do republicans generally agree?

No anyone who spreads this line of thought is dumb. Or is trying to keep the Democratic Party's base, or swing voters who are more likely to pick President Obama over Governor Romney, from going out to vote.

The fact that Governor Romney has chosen a very conservative running mate means that the presidential debates (especially between the VP candidates) will be very divided with few genuine exchanges on issues that might appeal to swing (or middle of the road voters)

http://www.usatoday.com/news/politics/story/2012-08-15/non-voters-obama-romney/57055184/1?csp=34news&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3Ausatoday-NewsTopStories%28News-TopStories%29&utm_content=GoogleReader

According to the above article up 90 million voters are likely to sit out this election. These voters who say they will sit out tend to be swing voters because hard liners on either side usually tend to vote even if they aren't so excited about the candidate most closely aligned with their view.

Don't believe people who say the election will not be close.

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
I would say it feels very similar to the last election between Obama and McCain.

Where the Republicans put up an uninspiring candidate to face off against Obama.

Although this time Romney will probably loose more moderate voters due to his general flip-floppiness than for hatred toward the Republican incumbent.

PokerGuy

Lifer
Jul 2, 2005
Same as in 2008, when you have the general media as an adoring throng of followers, you can't lose. Hillary quickly found that out in 2008, well before McCain.

a777pilot

Diamond Member
Apr 26, 2011
Romney will win because obama now has an actual record. Yes, he is doing everything he can to run away from that record but it's out there and he cannot hide.

EagleKeeper

Discussion Club Moderator<br>Elite Member
Staff member
Oct 30, 2000
It is not going to be a Dukakis nor Nixon election.

ichy

Diamond Member
Oct 5, 2006
The last couple of elections I've kept an eye on electoral-vote.com, and their methodology has been pretty good. There's obviously still three months left, but if things don't change from where they are now Obama will probably win by a very thin margin (i.e. he'll be lucky to get 300 electoral votes.)

ky54

Mar 30, 2010
Now that Hillary told Obama to stick it and refused to take the VP slot again the thought of an Obama landslide with Stand Up Chuck on the ticket is laughably absurd. The media and their masters at the White House are in full panic.

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
by some accounts the 2008 election counts as a landslide.

not sure if I buy that though.

By the EC apparently it was considered such, but the actual popular vote was pretty damn close.

EC: Obama - 365 to McCain 173
Pop: 69,456,897 to 59,934,814

Last edited:

nehalem256

Lifer
Apr 13, 2012
Romney will win because obama now has an actual record. Yes, he is doing everything he can to run away from that record but it's out there and he cannot hide.

You mean like how Romney is doing everything he can to run against his record? :D

Kadarin

Lifer
Nov 23, 2001
While I'm disappointed in Obama for a few reasons, I still think he'll win by a decent margin. Romney/Ryan would be a fucking disaster for the country.

kia75

Oct 30, 2005
Originally Posted by blankslate
by some accounts the 2008 election counts as a landslide.

By the EC apparently it was considered such, but the actual popular vote was pretty damn close.

EC: Obama - 365 to McCain 173
Pop: 69,456,897 to 59,934,814

Both of this.

The popular vote is going to be close, Obama is going to win by less then 5% and my guess would be ~2% of the popular vote.

Because of which states are in play, short of a dead girl or a live boy Obama has no way of losing the Electorial college and will either comfortably win or route Romney.

The question isn't if Romney will lose the Electorial college this fall, it's by how much.

gevorg

Diamond Member
Nov 3, 2004
Obama will win for sure, in fact I'm considering making a bet on one of those online political betting sites. Easy $$$ for my healthcare costs. :D

tydas

Golden Member
Mar 10, 2000
Well...let me guess... do the disenfranchised want a millionaire who wants to give his buddies more tax breaks? or someone who is trying to realistically deal with issues...

make no mistake the disenfranchised hordes will decide this election...if they come out to vote...

xj0hnx

Diamond Member
Dec 18, 2007
Well...let me guess... do the disenfranchised want a millionaire who wants to give his buddies more tax breaks? or someone who is trying to realistically deal with issues...

make no mistake the disenfranchised hordes will decide this election...if they come out to vote...

Sorry, but LOL.

Fern

Elite Member
Sep 30, 2003
I've always heard the campaign doesn't really begin until after Labor Day, so I think it's too early to tell. The debates could be a significant factor.

However, my gut feeling is that it will be close. Given this economy and some peoples' disappointment with Obama I think a landslide is unlikely.

Fern