Is it time to bring back segregation? Not by race, by COVID compliant, COVID hoaxers/anti-vaxxers

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
Everyone here knows the story of the politicization of this virus. Latest story I heard yesterday people are dying, unable to breath freely. They are yelling at their doctors/nurses about the "hoax" and why are they wearing all that PPE. Needless to say this sickens me more then ever.

I'd like to float a solution. Forget the logistics of implementing for a moment, I want to discuss principle. COVID compliant people are issued outward wearing ID, wrist band or necklace.

If COVID hoaxers want to flout CDC guidelines and pretend is doesn't exist, fine. Let them mingle with each other and kill each other. Businesses can decide if they will serve hoaxers. Compliant people will know places to avoid. Isn't this a win-win? Hoaxers can have their freedom. Compliant people can be safe while still engaging in their activities. I'd go to a restaurant, gym, movie theater that only serves COVID compliant people wearing a mask. Hoaxers can have their own places and mingle maskless.

BTW - If hoaxers catch COVID? Go home, you get no hospital treatment. Why? Because it's a hoax and you don't need it.

I think this is a win for everyone.

Updated to cover variant spread

Last edited:
Reactions: hal2kilo
Nov 8, 2012
"It's all those GOD DAMN STUPID REPUBTARDS Trump loving trailer trash that are going out all the time, not wearing masks, and going to family gatherings! They think it's a hoax!"

"The pandemic is racist and disproportionately killing more People of Color™ "

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
"It's all those GOD DAMN STUPID REPUBTARDS Trump loving trailer trash that are going out all the time, not wearing masks, and going to family gatherings! They think it's a hoax!"

What's wrong with my idea? It's for anyone who wants to have their freedom while at the same time risk the lives of others. It isn't fair to the people who are complying to help stop the spread and save the lives of others.

The virus may not be racist but it does kill black people disproportionately by 3-4x of whites. Not that you give 2 shits, I do.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003

those things aren't incongruent.

on the one hand, people of color are more likely to work low-wage jobs that are nonetheless considered "essential work" - high risk of public exposure. they also tend to have lower access to healthcare and higher comorbidities. this is exactly what we saw when new york got hit first.

on the other hand, you essentially have an entire political party that has denounced science, and its followers, well....followed suit. so despite knowing everything we know now, it's "red states" that are getting absolutely slammed with high positivity rates - take south dakota, for example, where a) the governor called the lack of a mask mandate "a good day for freedom", b) counties are seeing positivity rates above 50% (see table 5) or el paso, TX, which just got its 4th mobile morgue to handle the massive influx of covid-related deaths.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Not sure how this would be enforced. I dont think many people would be willing to mark themselves as "compliant" just to prove a point. And I dont think hospitals and medical personnel in general are cold hearted enough to say "You dont think its real Imma not treat you.". The whole Hippocratic oath thing.

skyking

Lifer
Nov 21, 2001
I remember the "death panels" comments against socialized medicine when McCain ran. Folks, they're here. They are already making those decisions

obidamnkenobi

Golden Member
Sep 16, 2010
Not sure how this would be enforced. I dont think many people would be willing to mark themselves as "compliant" just to prove a point. And I dont think hospitals and medical personnel in general are cold hearted enough to say "You dont think its real Imma not treat you.". The whole Hippocratic oath thing.
unfortunately true. This is why I'm not a nurse/doctor; if one of these idiots claimed the covid that's killing them is a "hoax" I'd let them die on the curb.

zinfamous

No Lifer
Jul 12, 2006
those things aren't incongruent.

on the one hand, people of color are more likely to work low-wage jobs that are nonetheless considered "essential work" - high risk of public exposure. they also tend to have lower access to healthcare and higher comorbidities. this is exactly what we saw when new york got hit first.

on the other hand, you essentially have an entire political party that has denounced science, and its followers, well....followed suit. so despite knowing everything we know now, it's "red states" that are getting absolutely slammed with high positivity rates - take south dakota, for example, where a) the governor called the lack of a mask mandate "a good day for freedom", b) counties are seeing positivity rates above 50% (see table 5) or el paso, TX, which just got its 4th mobile morgue to handle the massive influx of covid-related deaths.

exactly. perfect example of a dumbfuck saying dumbfuck things, then getting blasted in the face by the plain logic that defies their dumbfuctness.

Last edited:
Reactions: hal2kilo and Pohemi

vi edit

Elite Member
Super Moderator
Oct 28, 1999

You really should just shut up. Unless you like being wrong. Often. Very often.

Starbuck1975

Lifer
Jan 6, 2005
Everyone here knows the story of the politicization of this virus. Latest story I heard yesterday people are dying, unable to breath freely. They are yelling at their doctors/nurses about the "hoax" and why are they wearing all that PPE. Needless to say this sickens me more then ever.

I'd like to float a solution. Forget the logistics of implementing for a moment, I want to discuss principle. COVID compliant people are issued outward wearing ID, wrist band or necklace.

If COVID hoaxers want to flout CDC guidelines and pretend is doesn't exist, fine. Let them mingle with each other and kill each other. Businesses can decide if they will serve hoaxers. Compliant people will know places to avoid. Isn't this a win-win? Hoaxers can have their freedom. Compliant people can be safe while still engaging in their activities. I'd go to a restaurant, gym, movie theater that only serves COVID compliant people wearing a mask. Hoaxers can have their own places and mingle maskless.

BTW - If hoaxers catch COVID? Go home, you get no hospital treatment. Why? Because it's a hoax and you don't need it.

I think this is a win for everyone.
I believe the outward facing ID already exists, its called a mask, and I have no problem denying services of any kind to those who refuse to wear them.

Muse

Lifer
Jul 11, 2001
Stupidity is its own penalty. They can berate their nurses and doctors for wearing PPE but unless they attack them, they have to be humored. Even stupid people generally have a measure of civility. People who work in hospital settings are used to their patients not being understanding. It's part of their job to deal with that effectively. If the patient is made to wear a mask, which is understandable for the sake of protecting staff, they better wear that mask. Otherwise I can understand their being told that they will get minimal attention, e.g. fluids, meals and intercom communication. How many will want that? Personally I do not suffer fools gladly. I would tell them they have covid-19 and if they counter that it's something else, I wouldn't belabor the issue. They were told, the silence they encounter when they deny the facts gets crickets, i.e. what they deserve.

Fenixgoon

Lifer
Jun 30, 2003
Stupidity is its own penalty. They can berate their nurses and doctors for wearing PPE but unless they attack them, they have to be humored. Even stupid people generally have a measure of civility. People who work in hospital settings are used to their patients not being understanding. It's part of their job to deal with that effectively. If the patient is made to wear a mask, which is understandable for the sake of protecting staff, they better wear that mask. Otherwise I can understand their being told that they will get minimal attention, e.g. fluids, meals and intercom communication. How many will want that? Personally I do not suffer fools gladly. I would tell them they have covid-19 and if they counter that it's something else, I wouldn't belabor the issue. They were told, the silence they encounter when they deny the facts gets crickets, i.e. what they deserve.

if only that were the case. that's the shitty part of covid - you don't just get yourself sick, you can get everyone else around you sick, too. If wearing a mask protected the wearer rather than the public, I think people would feel a lot differently and be more than happy to let people off themselves.

sportage

Lifer
Feb 1, 2008
Most of my Trumpie family members are highly educated, college educated, owning 500,000+ homes and their kids have all the toys, yet when it comes to Covid they act like trailer trash uneducated morons. I don’t get it lord knows I try to understand. I want to know what it is that brings on their attitude. Do they really believe themselves to be super human thus immune? Is it all politics for them? Do they believe wearing a mask would threaten their capitalism? I can’t figure them out but I do know one thing, all or most of their lives they have been ass holes. Could this explain it?

esquared

Forum Director & Omnipotent Overlord
Forum Director
Oct 8, 2000
I hate to make light of a horrible situation, but for crying out loud.
"The ones who scream at you for a magic medicine "

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
It's not about proving a point, its about saving your life. We have no way now of knowing who is being irresponsible with ID people who want to keep themselves and other people safe can do it. People who think this thing is a hoax will have the freedom to gather in large crowds without masks and breathe on each other.

Remember I just want to discuss the principle not the logistics of enforcement. Why isn't this a win-win for everyone? I for one would be willing to wear a responsible citizen bracelet.

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
It's not about proving a point, its about saving your life. We have no way now of knowing who is being irresponsible with ID people who want to keep themselves and other people safe can do it. People who think this thing is a hoax will have the freedom to gather in large crowds without masks and breathe on each other.

Remember I just want to discuss the principle not the logistics of enforcement. Why isn't this a win-win for everyone? I for one would be willing to wear a responsible citizen bracelet.
That would create a new black market lol

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005

How would one qualify for said bracelet? And would you lose it if got infected?

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
I believe the outward facing ID already exists, its called a mask, and I have no problem denying services of any kind to those who refuse to wear them.
Workers are getting their lives threatened trying to enforce mask wearing. With this plan hoaxers will have their own places to go and not threaten the lives of the compliant.

What we are doing now isn't working. I heard a story today of a Walmart in the south with half the customers were not wearing masks. Senior citizens were scared shitless trying to shop and avoid the assholes.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
That would create a new black market lol
Are you referring to the ID bracelets? Why? The hoaxers are proud of their flouting of CDC guidelines. Why will they want any part of anything that reeks compliant? Have you seen the Trump rallies?

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
Are you referring to the ID bracelets? Why? The hoaxers are proud of their flouting of CDC guidelines. Why will they want any part of anything that reeks compliant? Have you seen the Trump rallies?
Who knows. Maybe businesses would put up signs must have a bracelet to enter.

HomerJS

Lifer
Feb 6, 2002
How would one qualify for said bracelet? And would you lose it if got infected?
People who pledge to be compliant would qualify. Again, I don't want to get into the weeks of enforcement. I want your opinion of the idea just in principle. Doesn't everyone get what they want with my idea??

blackangst1

Lifer
Feb 23, 2005
People who pledge to be compliant would qualify. Again, I don't want to get into the weeks of enforcement. I want your opinion of the idea just in principle. Doesn't everyone get what they want with my idea??
Oh an I promise. Would could go wrong? How would this save lives? Sounds like a feel good thing.

nickqt

Diamond Member
Jan 15, 2015

People living Uphill shit and piss right outside their houses! They think germ theory is a hoax!

----

"Cholera is racist and disproportionately killing more People Living Downhill™"

Good job n0b0dy. You're attempt to show...something...was very hilarious. You really socked-it-to-em!

• Haha
Reactions: Pohemi