Is it still crazy to scan 1000 magazines?

Page 59 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
This says 19trillion in prescription drug liabilities thats more than the world economy. Please explain

EDIT: Aquaman - Have you figured out how to monetize this investment?

I didn't make it, I just link to it :p . Apparently that estimate is from the Fed Reserve. And I don't think he should even think about selling this. The law would come down hard on that.

IceBergSLiM

Lifer
Jul 11, 2000
I didn't make it, I just link to it :p . Apparently that estimate is from the Fed Reserve. And I don't think he should even think about selling this. The law would come down hard on that.

He could probably work out a licensing deal with the publisher to make the database available online for subscribers.

sdifox

No Lifer
Sep 30, 2005
He could probably work out a licensing deal with the publisher to make the database available online for subscribers.

pretty sure this is multiple publications. As it stands it is in violation of copyright. It doesn't mean the publishers will come after him, but they have that option.

Aquaman

Lifer
Dec 17, 1999
I would never sell this or put it online or try to make money off of this. This is just for my own personal collection and use.

Cheers,
Aquaman

Murloc

Diamond Member
Jun 24, 2008
you're both crazy and extremely motivated.

With that dedication, you could have earned millions :p

endscape

Golden Member
Mar 7, 2004
I would never sell this or put it online or try to make money off of this. This is just for my own personal collection and use.

Cheers,
Aquaman

I've got lots of respect for you making that decision, and I'll pirate pretty much anything I can get my hands on haha. That said, I would certainly pay to get access to all the information, if the publisher ever offered it. Once I'm into my new place, I've got 2 200 gallon tanks ready to set up. Looking forward to it!

Kelemvor

Lifer
May 23, 2002
you're moving backwards :p

That's what I was thinking.

Ya know Aquaman, you should see if you can get your subscriptions changed over to esubscriptions that you can read in Zinio or something. Then you don't have to scan them in at all. I think you can download them to your hard drive and keep them forever.

chusteczka

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2006
Aquaman, how is that Mustek A3 scanner working for you? I am considering purchasing that scanner and am curious to any feedback you might have on it. Has the CIS image sensor proven to be an advantage or disadvantage in relation to a CCD sensor? What is the scan time, per page, per magazine?

There are also the Plustek OpticBook scanners having CCD sensors with 7 sec and 2.5 sec scan times. Although the one having the larger scan surface costs $1700.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16838122054
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16838122032

BTW, from Page 3. The Dragon magazines are available online.
Will you scan my collection of old Dragon magazines for me?
Do you have Dragon issue #68 with the Game Planet Busters in it? I miss that game :(

http://www.annarchive.com/files/Drmg068.pdf

Last edited:

effowe

Diamond Member
Nov 1, 2004
And in 10 years no one has provided the solution. I read every post on every page to double check.

Aquaman
Last Activity: 04-04-2012 01:39 AM

Not to say that someone else might not be able to answer the question, but it seems rather esoteric. Perhaps a forum specializing in scanners might be a better place to find an answer.

Good Luck!

Ichinisan

Lifer
Oct 9, 2002
Aquaman
Last Activity: 04-04-2012 01:39 AM

Not to say that someone else might not be able to answer the question, but it seems rather esoteric. Perhaps a forum specializing in scanners might be a better place to find an answer.

Good Luck!

Or someone searching Google for the same thing might find the quote and link in the new post.

Slimline

Golden Member
Jul 19, 2004
This thread is not allowed to die, we need an update Aquaman, come back! This task must be completed. Hopefully in your absence you have been scanning like crazy.