is it possible to save the video from an *.asf file?

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
i just watch the "game of love" video online. it's an asf file. i am wonderin if it was possible to save the video and watch it without being online. is that possible?

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: bacillus
is it still in your temporary internet files?

i was thinking that too... i browsed over to it and listed everything by file size. nothing looks big enough to be a video file :eek:

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
What I do:

save the asf file. Open it on a ascii editor. Copy the link. Then use <a href="address here">name</a> tag and save as an html file. I then open it in ie, right click and save as.

Aves

Lifer
Feb 7, 2001
Originally posted by: SSP
What I do:

save the asf file. Open it on a ascii editor. Copy the link. Then use <a href="address here">name</a> tag and save as an html file. I then open it in ie, right click and save as.

I do the same.

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
What I do:

this is wierd. i did exactly as u said. when i right click on the link and look at the target url, it is a *.wmv file. then when i save it... it is saved as a *.wvx file. WTF? :confused:

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
What's the link? Is it streaming? If so, you can't do a SAVE TARGET as on the URL. You will need to use another tool which basically records as it streams... I can you out if ya just gimme a link. I can't openly say the name of the tool though.

I don't know about ASF Recorder though... might wanna give that a try too.

cmdavid

Diamond Member
May 23, 2001
Originally posted by: spankyOO7
What I do:

this is wierd. i did exactly as u said. when i right click on the link and look at the target url, it is a *.wmv file. then when i save it... it is saved as a *.wvx file. WTF? :confused:

that happened to me too..:(

BigFatCow

Diamond Member
Aug 11, 2001
What I do:

i do basically the same thing but i just paste the address of the file into DAP...

SSP

Lifer
Oct 11, 1999
What I do:

Weird. How big is the wvx file? If its big enought to be audio/video file, try renaming it to wmv.

BTW, this doesn't work all the time, but it does work most of the time.

spanky

Lifer
Jun 19, 2001
Originally posted by: rh71
What's the link? Is it streaming? If so, you can't do a SAVE TARGET as on the URL. You will need to use another tool which basically records as it streams... I can you out if ya just gimme a link. I can't openly say the name of the tool though.

i think it is a streaming video :eek:

here is the webpage with the video i wanna get :D here is a direct link to the asx file. anyone wanna take a shot at it? :p i tried messing around with the asf recorder thing at work before but did not get very far. i'm gonna take another stab at it right now :)

GhettoFob

Diamond Member
Apr 27, 2001
You should be able to save it as a .wmv file with asf recorder. If you have a trouble getting it, I'll post it for you, it's about 10 megs.

rh71

No Lifer
Aug 28, 2001
Originally posted by: rh71

i think it is a streaming video :eek:

here is the webpage with the video i wanna get :D here is a direct link to the asx file. anyone wanna take a shot at it? :p i tried messing around with the asf recorder thing at work before but did not get very far. i'm gonna take another stab at it right now :)

Stream record successful. Check your PM for download location. :) Anyone else who wants it, PM me.