Is it possible to co-op using Steam Family Share?

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
Is there some way I can use Steam's Family Share to share one of my games to another Steam account and somehow play together? I finally set my girlfriend up with her own Steam account and I'd rather not buy extra copies of the same games if there's a way that we can use a workaround and play together.

I also know the Steam Winter Sale is just around the corner, but if we don't have to buy another copy of the game, I'd rather go with that route.

RayCathode

Oct 10, 2001
No.* Once someone you've shared with starts to play a shared game it will kick you off yours even if it isn't the same game.

Home Streaming may work for you. I don't know if it possible to set up outside of the same "house", but it would allow you to play on your computer while she plays on hers. It will require a lot of bandwidth and I imagine there would be some delay.

* At least this was the case when I tried it a year or so ago.

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
What do you mean once someone starts to play a shared game it will kick me off mine? Does that mean I can't share my games to her account so she can play KOTOR while I play Grim Dawn?

Stg-Flame

Diamond Member
Mar 10, 2007
I wonder if one person went offline if that would work. Thanks for the information.