Discussion Is it possible to care less?

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
If you don't care about something today, is it possible to care less the next day?

Jul 27, 2020
If you don't care about something today, is it possible to care less the next day?
Since you don't care about that particular thing, it won't consume any thought cycles.

But if you find yourself thinking about it the next day and saying to yourself, "I don't care about that". Maybe that's denial and you DO care about it enough to give your valuable brain time to it?

Charmonium

Diamond Member
May 15, 2015
The phrase is supposed to be that you couldn't care less. But I suppose that's what's you're trying to highlight.

BurnItDwn

Lifer
Oct 10, 1999
I had a CT scan last week and the result was positive for caring about the $1,300 bill that had to be paid in advance. 😞
Crazy how much they charge out of pocket for that!
Had to have a CT scan for a GI issue a couple of times in my life.

First time, I went to the hospital near me that my Doctor suggested. It was $4000 out of pocket (which just so happens to be exactly the same as my insurance deductible. Had gone in expecting it to be around 1-2K since that is the "average" in the area and i didnt know i could shop around at the time.)

Second time i needed one, I told my Dr no, not going to the hospital. I called my insurance and asked them for any cost effective alternatives in my area and found a dedicated Imaging center that charged me under 1K.

Reactions: igor_kavinski

FelixDeCat

Lifer
Aug 4, 2000
Crazy how much they charge out of pocket for that!
Had to have a CT scan for a GI issue a couple of times in my life.

First time, I went to the hospital near me that my Doctor suggested. It was $4000 out of pocket (which just so happens to be exactly the same as my insurance deductible. Had gone in expecting it to be around 1-2K since that is the "average" in the area and i didnt know i could shop around at the time.)

Second time i needed one, I told my Dr no, not going to the hospital. I called my insurance and asked them for any cost effective alternatives in my area and found a dedicated Imaging center that charged me under 1K.
Being that I needed one stat, I did not have time to shop around. But I will keep that in mind next time.

bba-tcg

Apr 8, 2010
computerguyonline.net
Yes its possible. And its a pet peeve of mine when people misuse this word. It "I couldnt care less."
See, that sounds backwards to me. The statement " I could care less" translates to "it is possible for me to care less than I currently do". Whereas "I could not care less" translates to "it is not possible for me to care any less than I already do".

I usually say I could not possibly care less.