Is it normal?

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
I fvck around with my mom like no other. I sent her the scary car video, I tell her that my gf is pregnant or that we're getting married, etc.

Actually, all that I just said happened in my last aim conversation with her. Here's another excerpt:

(we were talking about my mom and stepdad meeting my gf's mom. My gf is 100% Japanese so this is an important meeting in Japan. It's customary to bring gifts to family/friends.)

Mom: I hope we will not be an embarrassment to you
Me: I'm sure you will
Me: I can see myself cringing already
Mom: Well then, I can't wait to get there
Mom: I'll make sure we don't bring any gifts

Anyway, is this normal or is everyone more polite with their parents?

MichaelD

Lifer
Jan 16, 2001
I'd say it's pretty disrespectful. But, everyone's family is different. Your Mom is probably also very young as compared to my Mom. (My mom is 72) I feel badly when I let a "sh1t" or "sucks" slip out when I talk to my Mom, b/c I know she hates those words.

I got smacked for using them when I was little. A lot of f'in good it did, eh? :D

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
Originally posted by: MichaelD
I'd say it's pretty disrespectful. But, everyone's family is different. Your Mom is probably also very young as compared to my Mom. (My mom is 72) I feel badly when I let a "sh1t" or "sucks" slip out when I talk to my Mom, b/c I know she hates those words.

I got smacked for using them when I was little. A lot of f'in good it did, eh? :D

haha, well I'm 21 and my mom is 57. It's not disrespect. Hell, the first thing she said in the aim conversation was that my mother's day card was so nice she cried.

nageov3t

Lifer
Feb 18, 2004
I fvck around with my mom a lot, but not my dad. my mom can tell that I'm just joking, and my dad tends to get pissed off a lot more easily.

I guess it's just a matter of closeness. after years of giving me ride to and from the trainstation every day through high school, I guess I just got closer to my mom than my dad.

my sister doesn't really joke around with either parent.

dc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
haha, your gf's mom is gonna meet the crazy gaijin parents. let us know what happens, i'm sure there be lots of comedy goodness. :p:)

edit: be sure to show your parents lots of respect when around your gf's mom, don't go overboard on the laid-backness. heh.

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
Originally posted by: loki8481
I fvck around with my mom a lot, but not my dad. my mom can tell that I'm just joking, and my dad tends to get pissed off a lot more easily.

I guess it's just a matter of closeness. after years of giving me ride to and from the trainstation every day through high school, I guess I just got closer to my mom than my dad.

my sister doesn't really joke around with either parent.

Yeah, I'm not as laid back with my dad but not because he'd get mad, but we're just not as close. It's cool though because in both parent's eyes, I can do no bad.

MAME

Banned
Sep 19, 2003
Originally posted by: dc
haha, your gf's mom is gonna meet the crazy gaijin parents. let us know what happens, i'm sure there be lots of comedy goodness. :p:)

edit: be sure to show your parents lots of respect when around your gf's mom, don't go overboard on the laid-backness. heh.

Hahahaa, oh man, I can't wait. The rest of the aim conversation was pretty much saying what you said about them meeting. My gf's mom speaks no english, my mom and stepdad speak no Japanese. I can't wait for some crazy sh!t too go down.

I will update, from Japan even!

dc

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 1999
this can possibly be movie material if it goes down the "right" way. lol

DanTMWTMP

Lifer
Oct 7, 2001
hehe i mess around w/ my parents also...but they know i'm kidding around. They were used to showing respect for their parents, but i just joke around w/ them..

hehe they don't seem to care i guess...

and i'm korean if that matters hehe

Well, my parents is not even 50 yet (both just turned 48) and i'm turning 23 in a month or so..

I guess that has something to do w/ it also heheh i donno