Is it normal to feel this shaky after

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

bella ragazza

Jan 31, 2007
When I first had my first car accident, I hit the car infront of me by accident going 3 mph and I was still shaky.

gsethi

Diamond Member
Feb 28, 2002
After my first (and only) accident, I was not confident enough to drive for like 2-3 days (just that feeling). When I first drove after the accident, I ended up hitting the wall with the bumper (no damage done to anything as it was ~1-2 mph while reversing) and that set me aside from the wheel for another couple of days...

yes, first one always scares/shakes you.

soydios

Platinum Member
Mar 12, 2006
Airbags smell like gunpowder, are hot and loud, and inflate very quickly because they use a pyrotechnic charge (read: explosives) to inflate.

Mercifully, I have never hit anything other than a parking garage wall dead-on with the gray unpainted plastic of the bumper of my '94 Jeep Grand Cherokee at 1mph, nor have I had anyone else hit me. I've had some close calls, a few of which would've been my fault, many of which would've been other's fault (read: don't tailgate me, and look before changing lanes). I try to learn from each incident, seeing as how I've only been driving for 2 years or so. But, I consider myself lucky, because my insurance group of teenage males has about a 50/50 chance of getting through their first year without an accident.