Is it normal for a car to just Jerk off

Twista

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
Our car has this problem which has a big effect on me since im just learning to drive. My father said the car maybe has a problem when you 1st step on the gas the car jerks alittle. I know that im pressing to hard because im not use to operating a car yet but i/we dont think it should be doing this. Its a 94 caddy and its the only car that i can use. Now the other car is way newer car and cost to much to even dent, so theres noway for me to even touch it. I think that the newer car would be better for me since its would prob. accelerate smoother without the jerk. Newer car vs older= newer one wins! Also the caddy car is way bigger than the newer car which means the newer car is smaller and easier to operate lol.
So!! Is it normal for a car to jerk off like that when you 1st press the gas even soft. I think not! has your car had this problem?

Wtf am im talking about lol. ( im going to get abunch of theses below)

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Twista
Our car has this problem which has a big effect on me since im just learning to drive. My father said the car maybe has a problem when you 1st step on the gas the car jerks alittle. I know that im pressing to hard because im not use to operating a car yet but i/we dont think it should be doing this. Its a 94 caddy and its the only car that i can use. Now the other car is way newer car and cost to much to even dent, so theres noway for me to even touch it. I think that the newer car would be better for me since its would prob. accelerate smoother without the jerk. Newer car vs older= newer one wins! Also the caddy car is way bigger than the newer car which means the newer car is smaller and easier to operate lol.
So!! Is it normal for a car to jerk off like that when you 1st press the gas even soft. I think not! has your car had this problem?

Wtf am im talking about lol. ( im going to get abunch of theses below)

It's a Caddy. It's called torque :D You have to press the gas *very lightly* to get it to move without "jerking" like that. Ease into the gas slowly and gently, and you won't get that effect.

Loggerman

Apr 28, 2000
Practise.start and stop, theb try a few of putting your foot to the floor(boot it).
Get a feel for the diffirence.

Twista

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
It's a Caddy. It's called torque You have to press the gas *very lightly* to get it to move without "jerking" like that. Ease into the gas slowly and gently, and you won't get that effect.

Thats hard to do lol. So use to just pusing in hard like in your acarde racing games. So your saying if i was to use the other car it woudlnt jerk up like that if i just press it slowly. i should ask my father to use the new car but hes going to say no like you would if that was your new car.

Twista

Diamond Member
Jun 19, 2003
Originally posted by: Loggerman
Practise.start and stop, theb try a few of putting your foot to the floor(boot it).
Get a feel for the diffirence.

So you mean with the car in Park just push the gas all the down than off than press it softly? I already circled a parking lot in the caddy. Last night while practicing i think i did bad but my father think i did good lol. I just dont like the caddy and the jag. is new which i think would run better for me.

AgaBoogaBoo

Lifer
Feb 16, 2003
Go around the neighborhood at a really low speed learning to get used to how much of the accelerator to use.

Does this happen when others drive it?

Evadman

Administrator Emeritus<br>Elite Member
Feb 18, 2001
Originally posted by: Flyermax2k3
SMACKX1000 Caddy's are RWD DAMNIT!!!!
Some northstar equipped ones are FWD. Trust me.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: aircooled
Originally posted by: LethalWolfe
Is it a front wheel drive car? It could be torque steer.

Lethal

::smack:: IT'S A CADDY!!!!
::SMACK:: In 94 Caddy's had FWD.

SMACK BACK. Google + Caddilac + 94 + FWD :)

I could care less about 94 Caddys. EVERYONE knows Caddys are RWD period

aircooled

Lifer
Oct 10, 2000
Originally posted by: LethalWolfe
Is it a front wheel drive car? It could be torque steer.

Lethal

::smack:: IT'S A CADDY!!!!
::SMACK:: In 94 Caddy's had FWD.

SMACK BACK. Google + Caddilac + 94 + FWD :)

I could care less about 94 Caddys. EVERYONE knows Caddys are RWD period
Yes, but his question was about a 94 Caddy, period.

Flyermax2k3

Diamond Member
Mar 1, 2003
Originally posted by: Evadman
Some northstar equipped ones are FWD. Trust me.

I. DON'T. CARE.
Cadillacs are RWD and that's all there is to it. They do have some FWD models but people certainly don't equate FWD with Caddys. When people think Caddy they think "RWD, V8, boat, torque, etc.". FWD is to be found nowhere among them.