Is it me or itunes?

Discussion in 'All Things Apple' started by Kenny57, Feb 3, 2013.

1. Kenny57

Kenny57 Junior Member

Hi I am very new to this and not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but here goes anyway.
    I have been using itunes for a long time. Since getting a new pc last year the itunes that I use will import a cd and then mix up the tracks. When I then transfer them to my ipod the tracks don't run in order.
    Example; an album may have 10 tracks, 1 to 10 running in order with maybe track 3 missing and listed as a separate album.
    Does that make sense to anybody out there?
    I get really pissed off when I cant play an album straight through and have to search for the missing tracks:twisted:
    Is it something I am doing wrong?

2. Loading...

Similar Threads - itunes Forum Date
    itunes m4p to mp3??? All Things Apple Apr 26, 2017
    iTunes alternative for syncing with Outlook All Things Apple Mar 28, 2017
    Stopping itunes Automatic Backup All Things Apple Mar 13, 2017
    iTunes no longer plays artists top songs in order All Things Apple Sep 3, 2016
    Apple supports iTunes longer on W7 than OS X? All Things Apple May 22, 2016

3. Tegeril

Tegeril Platinum Member

Are the artist(s) on those particular tracks not 100% identical to the artist(s) on the rest? You likely need to set a single name in the Album Artist for the entire album.

4. gevorg

gevorg Diamond Member

This. If they're different artists, you need to set the compilation tag in Properties - Info

5. Tegeril

Tegeril Platinum Member

Well, you can solve it with either compilation or Album Artist. The compilation flag is designed for albums that don't really have a single related artist across multiple songs whereas Album Artist would be for an album primarily by one artist, featuring some other artists on some songs.