Is it legal to eat cats?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the AnandTech community: where nearly half-a-million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

fyleow

Platinum Member
Jan 18, 2002
Originally posted by: Amused
Originally posted by: fyleow
Originally posted by: drunkmunk
I was just thinking it could help control animal overpopulation and think revenues from sales of hunting licenses!!!

They already do that, when cats and dogs are put to sleep at animal shelters they are sent to feedlots to be processed for cattle food.

Got any proof of that?

Fast Food Nation although you do have to buy the book :)

Gee, that's nifty. An anti-corporite propaganda book from a hard core leftist anti-meat fanatic with a clear agenda. Got any believable proof?

Just like Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle" right?

To say that everything in the book is false is ignorant, and the same goes for believing everything in the book.

Amused

Elite Member
Apr 14, 2001
I was just thinking it could help control animal overpopulation and think revenues from sales of hunting licenses!!!

They already do that, when cats and dogs are put to sleep at animal shelters they are sent to feedlots to be processed for cattle food.

Got any proof of that?

Fast Food Nation although you do have to buy the book :)

Gee, that's nifty. An anti-corporite propaganda book from a hard core leftist anti-meat fanatic with a clear agenda. Got any believable proof?

Just like Upton Sinclair's "The Jungle" right?

To say that everything in the book is false is ignorant, and the same goes for believing everything in the book.

No, to blindly believe a book written by someone with such a clear and biased agenda is ignorant. It cannot be used as a reference for anything, much less facts.

May I ask this? What does HE use as a reference for this, or any other fact in his book?

tk149

Diamond Member
Apr 3, 2002

"Put to sleep" is a euphemism for "Poisoned," isn't it? I'd be surprised if they fed cattle poison! :Q

AlienCraft

Lifer
Nov 23, 2002
Originally posted by: IGBT
What??..........never eaten at a Chineese restaurant??

I've never seen cat on the menu at a Chinese restaurant before, the most "extreme" things were frog legs or pork blood.

However if you've ever eaten any All-American food like hamburgers (yum) then you've inadvertantly eaten something that was fed dog/cat/horse. Yum beef.
The only time I've seen cat or dog on the menu was in the Far East. These little shops in Hong Kong had them. Kinda wierd. Like 100 year old eggs.....
As I always say....
One man's pet is another man's lunch.

BTW, quit looking at my cat like that!!!

Vic

Elite Member
Jun 12, 2001
Uhh... I've been told that cats are tough and stringy, have a bitter taste, and that there isn't much meat on them to begin with. I may also be illegal. Not necessarily the eating part, but the slaughtering and butchering aspect may violate your local animal cruelty laws.

0roo0roo

No Lifer
Sep 21, 2002
only thing your not allowed to eat is people.

btw soylent green is coming out on dvd :)

Ranger X

Lifer
Mar 18, 2000
Originally posted by: Gobadgrs
well koreans eat dog...
What's your point? This thread is about legality of eating cats. Other countries can look down at us for eating beef or eating pork. If it's normal behavior for that country, we have no right to discriminate.